Chapter 46-Tightrope

After her performance, Y/n rushed to her room, quickly opening and closing the door behind her. Her back leaned against it while her arm wrapped around her back, holding on tightly to the knob.She closed her eyes and let out a heavy breath, one she didn't know she even held.
She had finally done it. These last few days were a curse upon her heart and now, by singing that song,she has decided. Her love with taehyung will finally be open to everyone, no longer by secret.

A gentle knock was heard on the very door she leaned on. "Who is it?" She spoke softly.

"It's me."

Recognizing the voice, her breath hitches in her throat.
It's now or never.

She pushed off the door and opened it softly. There he stood, with no way at all to read his emotions. He was silent as he stepped into the room. Too silent. Too long. Finally Y/n decided to be the first one to speak.

"Jungkook-"

"So you've made your choice?" He asked, interrupting her." Mister T."

She nodded. "I'm sorry jungkook." She looked at him with a guilty expression." I couldn't lie to you much less to myself. I do love you, but love as a friend loves."

"It's completely understandable." Jungkook sighed " honestly this loss was expected.

"expected?" She questioned " what do you mean?"

"Well, no man makes that much of an effort to fight for a woman if he didn't love her." Jungkook simply said " I'm sure Taehyung will be a good partner for you.

"You're not bothered?" She asked, flabbergasted he's taking this lightly.

"Of course I am" he admitted." I really really realllllly don't like that guy. And even though I don't trust his judgment, I trust you and yours and I trust that you know what's better for you than I do."

Y/n let out a single chuckle and wrapped her arms around her bestfriend's neck " I love you so much Jungkook. Thank you for everything."

He didn't say anything but hug her back, even though he lost his fiancé he didn't lose a friend.

There was an "Ahem" accompanied by a gentle knock on the door.

Y/n and jungkook parted from each others hold to see who was standing at the open door.

Of course it was none other than Taehyung.

"May I ?" He asked jungkook softly.

Jungkook nodded. " take care of her." He said in a whisper so only taehyung can hear. He responded with a nod and brought his hand out to shake it with jungkook's. Jungkook shook it and called a truce between the two men. He then took his leave and closed the door, leaving Y/n and taehyung alone.

"Ah, Y/n ,my y/n, What a triumph you gave me tonight, My Y/n, All the dark silent years now set right. Ah, Y/n" taehyung said as he gleamed, looking more relieved and happier than ever.

This brought a smile to her face "The song was beautiful, It sounded beautiful, Every note, every word. And it felt beautiful, And I felt beautiful, Lost in the music once more Feeling it rise up and soar, Alive once again" she gave a spun as she recalled what she felt during that performance. Though it was terrifying, it was one of the best performances of her career.

"You sang." He said as he took her hand, pulling her closer to her bit by bit " you chose me."

"I love you taehyung" she smiled softly

Oh those words. Those sweet sweet words. Those three words were more melodious than any song he has ever composed.

They both knew what was coming next. They were shy about it. He leaned closer , lips merely centimeters from her own when she stopped him."wait." Her voice was soft as her hands reached behind his head to undo the two strings keeping his mask in place. She removed it and smiled softly at his bare face. His hair ,now longer from the eight years gone, covered part of it. Her hands caressed his cheeks "now you may." He chuckled and pulled her close by her hips and pressed his lips against hers. Eight long years of wanting to do that very thing and it was all worth it. It was everything anyone would want in a kiss. Passionate fires, exploding fireworks, sweetness and desire.

Finally parting he pulled away" you want a life with me?"

She smiled and nodded " Some people long for a life that is simple and planned.Tied with a ribbon. " she placed her hand on his chest "Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land, To follow what's written, But I'd follow you to the great unknown, Off to a world we call our own."

Hand in her hand and they promised to never let go
They're walking the tightrope. High in the sky They can see the whole world down below.They're walking the tightrope. Never sure, never know how far she could fall.But it's all an adventure That comes with a breathtaking view Walking the tightrope,With him.
Mountains and valleys, and all that will come in between Desert and ocean. He pulled her in and together they are lost in a dream. Always in motion. So she'd risk it all just to be with him, and She'd risk it all for this life they choose.

And this was how their life began. As one can see there is no perfect  lover. One is flawed and one is pained. One fills the hardships of life while the other lives in secret. When together they can be happy with one another and the life they lead.

In case you ask yourself, dear reader: " what happened to them after that?"

One can say that they have finished a tour around Europe, singing songs that give them deafening applause. They are happily married with another baby on the way, so taehyung can experience the time being a father to a newborn, and as for taeyeon, she gladly accepted taehyung as her mother's husband and her now newly revealed real father. For this family, they know nothing of happiness and love. And that my dear readers is the true story of the phantom of the opera.

That is all! I've finally finished this story and it's literately the longest I've every written on watt pad. Holy shit. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed reading this♥️♥️♥️💕 its been fun writing this along with the songs (most aren't even related to phantom of the opera but they fit so well.) kinda wanna write a sequel about what happens after this chapter but I dunno. feel free to let me know if you guys liked it and if you did, expect another musical inspired Book👀👀👀👀 tis all for now❤️♥️😘 Thank you all

 feel free to let me know if you guys liked it and if you did, expect another musical inspired Book👀👀👀👀 tis all for now❤️♥️😘 Thank you all