Chapter 16-What a dreadful place!

They all arrive soon at the opera house, and it looks just as beautiful as the day y/n has left it. One week after it all happened. After it happened.

She couldn't forget. How could she? One moment it was just like any other, the other...well... it's something best to be left in the past. Eight years into the past.

The carriage just right on the stairs of the opera house and the four of them hopped onto the ground. ¨That was amazing¨ Y/n said amazed that the carriage can run without the aid of a horse.

¨Something the great Mister T has created.¨ The man said, whom they have discovered his name was Joseph, with a smile, tilting his hat proudly.

¨This mister T¨ jungkook murmured ¨when will I be able to meet him?¨

¨Soon I presume¨ Joseph answered, placing a single hand on his hip. ¨ for now, i'll take you to your rooms. I'll come to fetch you when he wishes to speak.¨

¨well...¨ jungkook sighed irritably

¨Let we go dear .¨ Y/n said with a smile, grabbing her dear daughter's tiny hand, and her luggage in the other.

¨Right this way madam¨ joseph said bowing and stepping up the stairs with the rest in tow.

Oh, the moment y/n stepped inside the opera house was so amazing. Oh, how she missed it. The buzzing aura, the cast members rushing around, the beautiful glittering statues, even the odd wax smell from the floor. Every single thing, she missed it. Every single thing.

How good it felt to be back.

Joseph guided them through the heavily packed hallways. Everyone was busy preparing for the masquerade ball, and all must be perfect like the year before, and the year before, and before that year. They stopped at a room in which was a completely new addition to the opera house. It seemed this mister T has managed to expand the walls of the theatre.

¨I hope this is to your liking. Your daughter's room is just next door.¨ Joseph said smiling The room contained a bed big enough for two people, appropriate for a couple, neatly made. Two straight-backed chairs, a washstand, a bureau with a mirror, and a small table. A piano laid resting on the back of the wall, with a booklet of music sheets, and next to that a table filled with the finest scotch. There were cream colored curtains at the dormer windows, with the last rays of day peeking in through, and posters and pictures of some of the performances performed here. Even Il Muto.

¨this is perfect. Thank you.¨ Y/n responded sweetly.

Joseph nodded in satisfaction. ¨ I'll let mister T you've arrived.¨

¨Yes yes, you may go now .¨ jungkook muttered in annoyance. Y/n arched her brows at his attitude.

Joseph cleared his throat. ¨ Well, goodbye madam.¨ He said kindly. ¨ Missy aria.¨ He smiled at the eight-year-old.¨ sir.¨ he said plainly to jungkook, before leaving and shutting the door.

Y/n sighed, her smile fading away as quickly as the smoke of a freshly blown candle.

¨what a dreadful town¨ Jungkook hissed, walking around the room ¨ what a vulgar place.¨

¨ we used to live here.¨ Y/n stated ¨ you act as if we've never been here .¨

¨ no matter.¨ Jungkook paused in his steps. He removed his coat from his shoulders and threw it on the bed. ¨it was a mistake to come here. To be on display in that shameful way.¨

¨Papa.¨ Taeyeon chirped, oblivious to the tenseness of the atmosphere. ¨ come play with me please¨

¨ and our host ¨ jungkook ignored little Taeyeon and glided along the floor. ¨ did he think sending theatre freaks would be funny? Did he think that our pride could be bought with his filthy money?¨ he hissed for what seemed the umpteenth time that evening.

¨ jungkook calm down.¨ Y/n spoke calmly, though, in her mind, she was boiling in anger. How could he be so rude to those ' Theatre freaks'. She too was once one. It amazed her how sour jungkook could be in such a short amount of time.

¨I've got a mind to go.¨ He said, fancying himself a cup of scotch. ¨Never you mind the debt we owe.¨

¨More like you owe.¨"Y/n ghostly said under her breath, hardly audible. It'd is best not to add fuel to the current fire that is Jungkook.

¨papa did you see the way he made the flowers appear?!¨ Taeyeon's small delicate voice rang out again, her excitement still buzzing.

¨Taeyeon, please don't bother me now!!¨ He raised his voice to the young girl.

Taeyeon looked down sadly and dragged her feet to the piano. She sat her tiny tush on the bench and flipped the book that rested on the stand. Soon she found a song, with no composer on it, nor title. It seemed most of the songs in that book had neither of them. Her right hand pressed the ivory keys, playing a soft melody in tiny pauses. Y/n watched her tiny musical daughter proudly. Already at age eight, she could read music and play the piano like a true virtuoso. She had even been able to sing, though aria insists that playing the piano was her most favorite thing to do. Though this very song she played sounded very familiar in. Y/n's mind. It sounded so beautiful and as if she's heard it before. She can hear the sadness and the love in each note that flew off the keys.

¨Must you play now?¨ jungkook scowled ¨ it's making my head hurt.¨ he added.

Though being spoken to by her father, Taeyeon didn't stop playing the piano.¨ I think it's pretty.¨

¨Jungkook...¨Y/n walked towards jungkook, his back faced to her, and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder ¨ Please relax. We need the money.¨ she spoke as calmly as her nerves let her.

¨don't patronize me.¨ her shook her off.

Her fists balled up in anger. This was what the last eight years have brought her. He was always in such a sour attitude.

A knock was heard on the door.

¨come in ¨ Y/n said quickly before she said anything she, later on, regretted saying to jungkook.

The door creaked open to show a small petite woman, with a crinkled face a frizzy red hair. ¨ Hello. Mister T would like to discuss the contract.¨

¨You go jungkook.¨ Y/n said ¨ you can deal with the deal. All i do is sing.¨

¨very well.¨ Jungkook said sighing softly. He turned around to face y/n and looked at her regrettably. ¨ I'm sorry¨ he whispered, now realizing his actions. ¨ I'm just stressed. I promise I'll make it up to you.¨ he said smiling apologetically.

¨It's fine jungkook.¨ Y/n gave a weak smile. ¨ Go, don't keep him waiting long.¨

¨I'll see you later tonight N/n¨ jungkook said before kissing her cheek. He went over to Taeyeon, who remained sitting on the piano bench. ¨Goodnight princess.¨ he kissed the top of her head and left with the lady to go over the contract.