Chapter 31-Loving you keeps me alive

Y/n remained sitting in her room. She didn't bother to change or even fix her hair. She didn't want to do anything that day. She was too angry. Too upset. Too regretful. If only one could turn back time to a much more simpler time in their life. Where everything was fine. When life was happy being where you are. Where all the regrets could vanish in an instant.

Y/n remained sitting on her bed, taking up an unfinished project she was doing for Taeyeon. A little blue dress, with silver lining and beautiful beading. It was a smaller replica to Y/n dress to be work at the masquerade. When Taeyeon saw it, she practically exploded at the sight of the beautiful dress but was very disappointed she couldn't have one the same. Y/n then decided to take one of Taeyeon's blue dresses and make a few adjustments to it to surprise her daughter. Plus, it kept her mind off other things going on.

A soft knock was heard from the door and she jerked her head up. " just a minute!" She yelled from inside. Quickly she hid the dress under her pile of blankets and walked over to her mirror, to at least make herself look partially presentable. " come in" she said finally, fixing the wrinkles in her nightgown.

The door opened and Taehyung appeared. A smile was on Y/n's face. " Hello." She greeted, walking towards him " what brings you here?" She asked.

He closed the door behind him and looked st her e/c eyes. " I wanted to check up on you." He said and brushed a hand through his hair, being precautious about moving the strings which kept his mask intact." I heard your little argument."

"Oh..." Her face fell slightly " did you now?" She turned away from him.

" like I said" he took a step towards her " there's not much I don't hear in the opera house." He turned His head to the vanity and looked at a certain item on it that caught his attention. A single dead brown colored rose. Now dry and wilted with time.

A soft smile came on his lips as he walked over to the vanity and picked the flower up " 9 years, and you still kept it?"

" it means A lot to me." Y/n said softly " I can't just throw it away." She walked towards him and faced him. His eyes landed on her, and unexplainable feelings came over the two. Y/n looked at his mask and grazed it softly with the tips of her fingers. "May I?" She asked softly. He nodded. He knew she wouldn't be repulsed. He knew she would accept him still.

Her soft fingers Lifted his mask and she took a quick breath. Her fingers caressed his ruined cheek as gently as possible. " still as dashing as ever." She said with a smile. He let out an airy laugh, cupping his hand over hers that was on his cheek. " why are you so kind?" He said softly, gazing at her with a loving look. " after the masquerade-" he began to say once more. " what will you do?"

Y/n slowly let her hand fall from his face and hesitated to answer. "The very next day I'll be going back to California." She answered, looking at the floor " and in a month ill be married to Jungkook."

Taehyung's lips tightened into a line. " and you want to leave?"

"No."

" Y/n....I still love you."

".....I know."

Taehyung grabbed her hand gently, intertwining his larger fingers with hers. " loving you keeps me alive." her eyes met him, looking so dull and saddened. " think again before you leave me."

"Taehyung-" She furrowed her brows and let out a nasally sigh " this isn't the right time...."

"Please hear me out" taehyung interrupted " I'm not an opportunist but I want to risk it with you." his eyes pleaded.

She remained silent and gave him a soft nod signaling for him to finish speaking.

"His love isn't as true as the one I offer you." He began once more. He took her other hand with his and raised them slightly " you're wasting time pretending you belong to him" you can hear the sadness and pain in his voice. "Come to your senses" he begged.

Y/n let her arms drop and looked down the floor, not letting him see her fresh teary eyes. Letting him see her cry was not something she wanted to ever do.

" you talked yourself into believing he's the one." Taehyung looked at her with pleading eyes. " I love you," he said in a broken voice.

From the moment he first set eyes on her, he knew he wouldn't be the same. He never knew he would get such pleasure whispering her name.

"If loving you keeps me alive" he raised her face with his hand and wiped her tears with his thumb " then how can leaving me be right?"

She tightened her lips and turned her back to him, hugging her arms tightly to her. Her mind buzzed with thoughts flying all through from all Taehyung was telling her. Its made her head hurt. She wanted to but an invisible chain restricted her from doing So.

She is the one to make him see the empty life he leads. She is the one. She is the only love he'll need.

" do you not feel the same?" He desperately asked, gesturing around hopelessly " are you really in love with him?"

"it's not that I don't love you." She whispered, wiping her tears from her face. It was quite opposite of that. " its just not that easy Taehyung."

" I understand." He said defeatedly. " I'll wait no matter how long." He grabbed His mask and took a sigh. " I hope it won't be so long though.

She gave a single nod and turned her head towards the door. " perhaps....perhaps not."

And with that Taehyung left without saying another word, leaving into his musical domain for the rest of the day.