Chapter 36-A perfect life

Y/n enters her room,eyes closed and a soft grunt. She shuts the door behind her and leans her back against the door, resting her head against it.

"What's with the irritated look?"

She opened her eyes and they land across a freshly bathed jungkook with his pajama pants, robe and a towel resting on top of his wet hair.

"Are you alright?" He asked her with a concerned look as he walked towards her.

"I'm fine " y/n reassured as she planted a smal smile on her face " just stressed." She admitted.

"About what?" He asked, typing his robe against his bare chest.

"Oh well..." She hummed " just over the fact that the masquerade is in two days." She lied.

"I'm sure you'll do fine " jungkook smiled and pulled her into a hug, putting his hand on the back of her head and adjusting it against his neck as his other arm wrapped around her back. " you have an amazing talent for singing, without a doubt you'll be asked to do it again." He beamed proudly at her.

She pulled away slightly and raised her eyebrow in suspicion at him. " jungkook jeon, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" He tilted his head in confusion.

" you're being oddly nice. You usually don't compliment me and be too huggy and such. Youre being oddly affectionate ." She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Oh yeah well..." He rubbed the back of his neck and let out a defeated sigh." I guess I'm beating around the bush."

She nodded and let him cnntinue talking.

"Y/n I've been thinking and I've come to realize that I've been acting like a complete fool." He said.

She raised a single brow and tilted her head "a fool?"

"Fine fine " he muttered " I was a complete ass. I admit it."

"At least you admit it " she said as she dropped her arms to her side.

" what I'm trying to say, is that I'm sorry. I never should have treated you the way that I do." He placed his hand against her cheek and rubbed his thumb against it. " I was too blind from trying to keep others away from you that I didn't realize that I was losing you." He grabbed her hands in his and looked down at the ground " I've made life hell for you and taeyeon, my only daughter who I've been pushing away as well. That's why I made it my mission to change."

"Change?" She breathed softly at the word " change how jungkook?"

"Well for one, I won't drink another drop of liquor for as long as I live." He said with a smile.

"Really?" She beamed " do you promise?"

"I swear! And I'll even pay for taeyeon to have proper piano lessons so she can advance, and we'll go on weekly outings and you can go sing to your hearts content." He said excitedly and with so much enthusiasm " I'll work harder and pay off my debts in a flash and then you me and taeyeon can live a happy life!"

Y/n was shocked to hear these words from jungkook." Why the sudden change?"

"Because I love you" he said with a soft smile, placing his hand user her chin and tilting it towards him " and I can't risk losing you to anybody. I care too much for you."

"Jungkook." Y/n said softly as she looked deep into his begging eyes " do you mean it?" She asked." Do you really want this?"

"More than anything" he said with a smile " as a matter of fact, I'll take you and taeyeon out for the day."

"An outing?" Y/n beamed " where at?"

"We'll go to the seine and take a boat ride there, then dinner and a stroll across the park." Answered jungkook.

"You swear you won't cancel on me?" Y/n raised a brow " swear on it?"

"Of course!" Jungkook grinned and leaned toward and gave her a quick peck on the lips." I'll swear on that too."

Y/n laughed softly at jungkook, things seem to turn to a much happier position.

"Where is taeyeon?"

Then it snapped. Y/n forgot taehyung for a minute and remembered her conflict she had earlier. She was so sure of her answer earlier and now-

"She's with Joseph." She lied. " he wanted to go to the circus with her."

"She seems fond of him" jungkook said as he removed the covers from the bed to get under them. " will you be coming to bed now?" He asked y/n.

She shook her head " no, I'll sleep when taeyeon gets back. You go on ahead." She needed this time to think once again.

"Very well." Jungkook said with a smile and slipped under the covers " goodnight "

"Night" she whispered as she left her room.

Now what is she to do? With whom does she want to be with? Childhood best friend? Or musical tutor?

" Lucky me to be in this situation." Y/n muttered sarcastically to herself, holding her sides with her arms and walking aimlessly in the opera house.

She began thinking of the two. Jungkook promised change and a better life for her and taeyeon but taehyung has been begging to give her that since the beginning. She loves one more than the other and she knows she can't deny it, but she can't betray him in such a way. It wouldn't be fair to jungkook. And if she chooses jungkook, it wouldn't be fair to taehyung.
What kind of life awaits her?

A perfect life, the kind you dream of, waits for her and yet...and yet she can't shut out the sense of dread, that haunting doubt.

She found a man who truly loves her. She loves him and yet.... And yet a shadow falls on that bright day across her way.

She should hate herself for these irrational ideas, she should pull herself together, cast away her fears, part of her is saying " I'll soon be where I belong" part of her is saying " something's wrong."

A perfect life, the kind you dream of, waits for her and yet... And yet she fears she she might be sailing into an endless night.

A perfect life waits for her and yet.... And yet....and yet...

"What do I do?..."