Chapter 8:Learn to be lonely

That night ended just as soon as it came. Y/n now knew to be easy with him, and try not to hit delicate topics.

Y/n  had just awoken and is now getting ready for rehearsals for the production that will be performed in two weeks time. She had some time to spare so she sat at her vanity, the script in her hand. It brought her to laugh. She was the pageboy. She had absolutely no lines. No songs, nothing, except having to hide her face from the idiot and clueless husband.  She read ahead to the countess’s lines, which were played by carlotta.

Poor fool he makes me laugh ha ha ha ha ha” she sang the lines softly.

“Project!” a voice within the mirror rang. She wasn't shaken, since she now knew who it was.

“ I would if it were my lines to be sung” she placed the script on the table, and walked towards the mirror, opening it to reveal taehyung.

“ In my opinion you would have sung it much better than her.” taehyung complimented “ i never was a fan of carlotta's haughty singing”

“ You're not the only one” Y/n let out an airy laugh “ but she is quite the “ she paused thinking of a word to perfectly describe carlotta's personality “ colorful person”

He rolled his eyes. “ colorful is an understatement.” he sat at her bed and sighed. “ i specifically commanded the managers to give you the lead role.”

“Me? Play the countess?” she asked, sitting next to him “ why?”

“Why not?” he asked her “ your voice is beyond compare.”

He stared off into space, the gears in his mind thinking and tinkering. “ as a matter of fact, you still will”

“What?” she jerked her head back in confusion. “ what do you mean?”

“ dont worry about it. “ he reassured with a smile “ from now on until the performance, you'll be practicing with me.”

“What are you planning on doing?”Y/n crossed her arms across her chest, lifting a brow in suspicion.

“Nothing harsh if thats what youre thinking of” he raised his arms in defense.

Y/n was about to interrogate him further, but was interrupted by knocking at her door. “ Y/n? Are you almost ready for rehearsals?” it was one of the backup dancer, and friend of hers.

Y/n stammered to find a response. “ Yes!” she yelled, and rushed to the door, enclasping her hands around the knob of the door, so that he wouldn't come in. It would be hard to explain  why there was a man sitting on her bed, with no one else to be around, and much more harder to explain that, that very man sitting on her bed by himself, is the phantom of the opera.  “ Don't come in!” she said once more “ i'm not dressed yet. Tell them i'll be there soon.”

“Alright?” He said from outside the door, with a questioning tone of voice “ don't take too long alright?” y/n could sense him smile “ carlotta is in one of her moods.” he joked. y/n groaned at what he said “ alright” she responded “ Distract them for me, i'll be there in about five minutes “

“Alright, but you owe me” he said before leaving. Once Y/n was completely sure he had left, she let out a sigh of relief.

“ I must go “ she said when she turned to taehyung, who seems completely calm. “ if i don't, carlotta will surely have me working at night” she grabbed the script from her desk.

“Alright “ he stood up from the bed and grabbed her hand “ but before you go “ he began to say with a smile “ when you are done with rehearsals, can you meet me on top of the opera house?”

“The roof?” she questioned him “ what for?”

“ i want to show you something “ he responded.

“Very well.” she replied with a smile. Who knows what came over her, but she placed a kiss on his masked cheek before leaving. It was a friendly kiss, at least that's what they thought it to be . quite honestly taehyung wished to feel the warmth of her lips on his actual cheek than his mask but even he knew that she wouldn't even dare to kiss a man as hideous as him…. No of course not.

Don't get your hopes up.

Now he was left alone in her room, with his thoughts.

He was born into emptiness and learned to be lonely. Who was there for him? To comfort and care for him? He learned to be lonely, to be his one companion in life. Never dreamed out in the world, there are arms to hold him.  He had always known his heart was on his own.  He would laugh at his loneliness. He learned to love a life that is lived alone. Life can be loved….alone…

His eyes turned to her vanity, where she kept a rose. A dead rose, now brown with time with a lace tied around the stem. The very rose he gave her that night.

“She really did keep it” he said to himself softly, with a smile. He picked up to rose from where it laid. “Oh y/n…”

~Meanwhile~

Y/n walked down the hallways of the bustling opera house. There were maids who were working crazily to keep the halls and floors, spotless and shining. y/n could honestly swear she could see her reflection on the ground sometimes.

She hummed as she almost made it to the stage, her whole aura completely cheery and happy.

“You seem to be in a good mood.” a males voice spoke out to her, causing her to stop in the middle of her race against time.

“Jungkook!” she exclaimed upon seeing the patron of the opera house. “ what brings you here?”

“ I wanted to watch the rehearsals.” he replied with a shrug. “ how are you doing?” he asked

“ fine.” she simply replied.

Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek. “ well, i was wondering if you were busy today?” he murmured. “ maybe you and i could go out to dinner “ he suggested.

“Oh jungkook “ Y/n awkwardly smiled and rubbed the back of her neck “ I'd love to but…”

“But?” jungkook tilted his head

“I'm sorry but i already have plans. “ she finally said “ we can go out some other day.”

“If i didn't know any better, i'd think you were avoiding me” he said with a stern expression.

“ good thing you do know better” y/n responded with a cocky smile.” believe me jungkook, i'm not avoiding you, i'm just busy. I promise we will go out soon.”

“How soon?” he asked.

“I-”

“Y/N!” carlotta's voice boom within the halls.

“I must go” y/n quickly said and ran away.

Jungkook just watched her figure disappear with a heavy sigh. “ bye… N/n.”