Chapter 17-look with your heart

The room rang heavy with silence, which was quickly broke by Y/n's sighing. ¨ I need to rest a bit¨ she murmured, grabbing her luggage and picking out her clothes. ¨Sweetie it's time to change.¨ She said, turning to her young daughter, with her sleeping gown in her hands.

Taeyeon was sitting still on the bench, sniffling softly. Tiny teardrops fell down her cheeks. ¨Daddy never plays with me.¨ She spoke softly, her voice cracking ¨ does he not love me?¨

Quickly y/n rushed to hold her small daughter. ¨ oh honey, why would you think such a thing?¨ she said, holding little Taeyeon close to her ¨ He loves you very much¨ she rested her hand on the young girls head, as she rocked her softly. ¨Love is a curious thing.¨ she said softly, ¨it often comes disguised. Look at it the wrong way, and it will go unrecognized.¨ she raised taeyeonś face and wiped the tears off her cheek with a feathery touch. ¨ Look with your heart and not with your eyes. The heart understands....The heart never lies.¨ she planted a kiss on her forehead, and smiled lovingly ¨ learn from someone who knows.¨

The young girl tried to wrap her mind around her mother's words. ¨ so papa does love me, shows it differently?¨ she asked. Y/n sighed and nodded. ¨ Yes, your father is just stressed with things, And worries too much about how to care for you, that it causes him to lose his temper. Give him time baby.¨

¨Yes...¨The eight-year-old said with a yawn coming in to interrupt her ¨ mama¨ she rubbed her tired teary eyes. Y/n smiled and picked up her young child. ¨Come now, it's time for you to sleep.¨

Tiny arms wrapped around her neck, and she stood up and picked up the smaller sleeping gown. ¨Tomorrow i'll take you around the opera house.¨

¨Mama, will you show me where you used to perform?¨ Taeyeon asked excitedly, disregarding her tiredness. ¨ Where did you sing mama?¨

The young girl's burst of excitement amused Y/n. she laughed softly. ¨ I sang on the stage sweety, with a few of my friends and other singers.¨ she left her room and went to the room next door, where Joseph said Taeyeon would be sleeping.

¨Mama?¨

¨Yes dear?¨

¨Where did you learn to sing?¨

The question caused Y/n to stop in front of the door. Her eyes shifted down to the ground. ¨ My teacher?¨ she hummed. All those memories that she has managed to push into the back of her mind just came rushing in, like a tsunami. The park, the snow, the performance, the silk sheets....

She cleared her throat, noticing she was thinking too much into the past. She turned the knob and placed Taeyeon onto the ground. ¨ Just a friend of mine.¨ she replied without a second more of hesitation. ¨Here, go change, brush your teeth and go to bed.¨

¨Ok mama¨ Taeyeon said, grabbing the nightgown from her mother's arms ¨ Goodnight mama.¨

¨Goodnight my angel of music.¨ Y/n said smiling, bowing down to her small level and placing a kiss on her cheek ¨I love you.¨

¨I love you too .¨ taeyeon responded with a chirp, growing impatient to go see the room she had all to herself. What a lovely child y/n was blessed with.

After Taeyeon rushed inside her room, Y/n closed the door and pressed her forehead on the cool door. A heavy sigh escaped her lips for the hundredth time. Memories from the past still haunted her every dream. The look of fear and sadness etched into his eyes, as he stared at her that night. She knew he didn't do it...he wouldn't do such a thing, and yet he had to flee the accusing mob, to only be later on declared good as dead. Oh, how her heart broke. She left lonely and scared, and more so after her discovery. That's when jungkook came in. he asked her once more about his proposition, and she agreed. Since then, she's been with jungkook, and things have happened with each other, some too personal to be written down, or spoken of, But you can imagine jungkook's happiness and excitement when y/n told him she was pregnant. Y/n too was happy, to have to birth the child of the man she loved.

¨Just leave it in the past y/n.¨ She said to herself, as she straightened up from the door and walked over to her own room, dragging her feet along the ground. She opened the door, and before she stepped in, she looked into the hallway, which was slowly becoming more clearer from the lack of people who crowded it, and she finally recognized it. It was the hall in which she went through, with the basket of food to take to the rooftop of the opera house. Y/n let out an airy smile at the memory and stepped inside her room.

It was night time. She had already unpacked her and jungkook's things and put them in the appropriate drawers and closet spaces. The last item she took out was a dead brown rose, which jungkook insisted she throw out, but she always refused, saying it was something valuable to her that a friend has gifted her when she was in the opera house. It was almost usually followed by a ¨ its a dead rose. There's no value to it¨, but she ignored him and kept it no less.

She let out a yawn and headed towards her changing screen, in which she changed into some long thin stocking, and a thin lacy sleeping gown, which reached slightly above her knees.her final dress piece was a satin robe, which she loosely tied around her body.

She wanted to sleep, but something was bothering her. It was that music that Taeyeon played earlier. She couldn't feel like she has heard it before, or something relating to it. It reminded her too much of him. She went over to the piano and picked up the leather booklet of music sheets and read the sheets in which Taeyeon was playing. It was both a piano score and a singing one. The lyrics were written down. She read over them, and it sounded so beautiful. This person was surely gifted to have been able to write something like this.

She swayed softly as she hummed the melody of the song. Slowly she turned as she hummed, but stopped as soon as her eyes reflectively moved to see the new person standing in the room.

Her mouth fell in shock, her eyes widened and shaking, her entire body shook, Her heart, beating rapidly. This person who she saw was someone she never knew was possible to see again.

¨Taehyung?!¨