»16« Break In

"Baby I'm not a liar, I'm a lilac"

(Thanks to extraet for the song quote! If you have any other song quotes, please share them with me)

Y/N's POV:

~The Next Day~

I lay down in my living room, with Boomer laying on my lap. I'm reading a book, a real book, with paper and everything.

I miss the times when it was easy to just go to the store and grab a book to read... now instead it's like buying a tablet, it doesn't have the new, fresh, book smell.

The sun was setting, the light shining through the window. Boomer was comfortably laying in my lap.

I pet his head and he yawns, stretching and looking up at me.

I need go clear my head...

I pick up Boomer and set him down. I put on my coat and reach for the door. "I'll be back Boomer" I say. I open the door and leave.

I need to sort things out right now...

3rd Person POV:

Y/N leaves the room. Boomer sits in the living room, he whined a little once she left. Boomer doesn't like when Y/N leaves, he feels lonely.

Boomer runs upstairs to Y/N's room, he was still tired. He lays on her bed and slowly falls back asleep.

~~~~

It's been hours and Y/N still isn't back. The moon and stars were now out. Boomer was getting worried, he didn't know where his owner went.

The door downstairs opens. Boomer hops up, excited to see Y/N again. Boomer stops at the stairs when he realizes it isn't Y/N.

Boomer barks a couple times. The stranger looks at Boomer and starts walking toward him.

Boomer backs up and runs back into Y/N's room.

He hides under her bed, he's afraid.

The stranger leaves and there's noise downstairs. There's a lot of shuffling and soon a loud bang followed by a yell.

"Shit!" The stranger yells. The front door opens again and Boomer runs down.

There's a mess in the living room and kitchen. Along with some blue blood.

Boomer turns toward the front door, it's still open...

He trots towards the front door and looks out. He slowly steps out of the apartment room and down the hallway. Another door is open, it leads to the stairs.

Boomer begins to run in that direction. There's trails of blue blood.

Boomer is licking every drop of blue blood on the ground.

He follows the trail of blue blood, licking every part, until he's outside...

Y/N's POV:

It's way too late... I should've been back earlier. The elevator door opens and I go to my room. I'm on my phone, checking some stuff.

I take out of key to unlock the door, I look up and see the door is already open. I can feel my heart drop.

I run to my room and open the door fully. There's a mess everywhere, I'm starting to panic. Please tell me Boomer is okay.

"Boomer! Come here boy! Boomer!" I call him but he doesn't come running downstairs to me. No...

I check the living room, everything is on the ground, the kitchen is a mess. I run upstairs and check all the rooms, Boomer is no where to be seen.

I grab my phone and call 911. "911, what's the emergency?" The women speaks. "There's been a break in! My apartment is a mess and my dog is missing! The door was open when I got here!" I say. "We've received your location and police are on the way right now" the women says.

I hang up and put my phone away. I feel like breaking down, Boomer can't be missing. Please don't tell me he went far... he's only a puppy.

~~~~

Police arrive and they're inspecting everything.

One of them is questioning me. "Was there anyone else here before" he asks. "No, just my dog, I went for a walk" I say. He writes something down. I know I could be investigating too, but I only work on deviants.

"That's all, I suggest staying somewhere else until everything is clear, any family or friends?" The man asks. I think about it for a while.

Would Hank let me stay with him? "Just one person" I say.

~~~~

The car stops and I get out. "Thank you" I say. I grab my duffle bag with my clothes and essentials in it.

I really hope Hank won't mind.

I go up to the door and knock. After a few seconds the door opens. "Y/N? You alright?" Hank asks. "Not really" I say. "Come in" He says.

I go inside and see Sumo. It's pouring outside... please tell me Boomer is okay. He has a collar with my name and phone number on it, if he's found the person should call me...

"Tell me everything" Hank says. "I got home and my door was open... someone broke into my apartment, everything was a mess and Boomer was missing, the police told me I should stay at a friends or family's place, I was wondering if I could stay here until everything is clear" I say.

"Of course you can! You can stay here as long as you want" Hank says. "Thank you" I smile.

"Lieutenant, where is-" Connor walks out. What is Connor doing here?

I guess Hank read my mind. "This plastic asshole has no where to go, I was told to just let him stay here" Hank says.

(I've been wondering. Where does Connor go at night??? Does he stay with Hank? Go to CyberLife???? He can't just walk around forever)

"Why is Y/N here?" Connor asks. "She needs a place to stay" Hank says. "Oh" Connor says. "Did something happen?" Connor asks. Hank looks at me. "A break in" I say.

"Are you okay? Where's Boomer?" Connor asks. "I'm fine... and Boomer is missing, he must've ran out of the building or... been kidnapped" I say. Connor looked worried.

"Enough of that though, I'm pretty tired, I just need to sleep" I say. "Of course" Hank says. He gets up and goes to his room. I set my duffle bag down and lay on the couch.

Why does everything bad have to happen to me?