»22« Upgrade

"I just wanna feel you in my heart and on my mind"

Y/N's POV:

I lock my apartment door and set Boomer down. "Isn't it good to be home again?" I ask. Boomer sits down and wags his numb tail. "It's so cute, that you'll stay this small and fluffy forever" I pet him.

I get dog food and put it in his bowl. "It's pretty late but I thought you might be hungry after... all of that" I say.

I sigh and look outside. What do I do now? I can go back to work, but I'll be working on homicide. Except all homicide is basically done by deviants at this point, I might not have a case for a while...

Out of nowhere there's loud knocking at my door. It's so late at night... who the hell is even up. I go over to the door and answer it.

Oh... it's just Connor. "Y/N! You have to help me! Please!" Connor says. He's no longer organized like he used to be, his LED has gone red, he seems stressed and super scared...

"What are you talking about?" I ask. "I can't explain it! But I really need your help!" He looks at me. "After what happened at Jericho,  you still want my help? I thought I was just someone you used to accomplish your mission" I fold my arms.

"You aren't! I was... angry! Okay, I was angry! I didn't know what I was saying and I'm sorry!" Connor says. "Do you want the truth?" Connor asks.

"Not anymore... I'm sorry Connor but you'll have to ask Hank" I start to close the door. Connor stops it with his arm. "Please Y/N, I thought you cared..." Connor says softer.

"You thought" I push his arm out and shut the door, locking it. Connor stills knocks on the door and calls my name, I'm going to answer it.

Then all of a sudden it stops, like Connor just disappeared. Finally... quiet...

Then there's knocking again. I'm so fed up at this point I go to the door and open it.

"Connor! I've already said-" I stop as I look at what I'm seeing. It looks like Connor, except blue eyes and a different suit. The words, RK900 written on it.

"Who are you?" I ask. "My name is Connor, the RK900, I'm the upgraded model of my last predecessor, RK800" It says.

"What do you want?" I'm hesitant on talking to this thing... it's not like Connor, it doesn't have that friendly and relaxed face like Connor's, that anyone wouldn't mind going up too. No... I'd be scared to even walk up to this thing. It's blue eyes don't look human like Connor's, they look out of place, it just doesn't look normal.

"I'm here looking for the RK800, he hasn't returned to CyberLife, and I cannot start my mission until this RK800 is destroyed" It says.

"Well you're looking at the wrong place, he hasn't been here in a while" I say. The new 'Connor' looks around my house from the hallway.

"The RK800 seemed to like this place, he had made a lot of memories and was especially fond of this place" It looks back at me.

"May I check your apartment?" It asks. "No! Of course not!" I say. "Do you know where the RK800 went?" It asks. "How should I know if it wasn't even here?" I ask. "Have a nice night" It turns away and goes into the elevator.

I close the door and take a deep breath.

What the hell was that thing?

I start to think of what and why it was made. Hold on... why couldn't it find it? I thought all androids had a tracking implant in them...

Except... I was told at Jericho that the implants stop working once the Android goes deviant...

Is Connor deviant?... he can't be... who am I kidding? He's definitely gone deviant.

God... if I knew Connor was being hunted by some 'new Connor' I would've helped him out. I thought he just wanted my help to accomplish his mission again!

I don't know where he's gone too... he would've gone to Jericho, if it was still intact.

Speaking of which, where did Markus and the rest go? They have no where to hide...

I'm so confused and stressed by everything. I could really use one of Connor's hugs right now...

~The Morning~

I get to the office, perhaps Hank might be here. There might be something to do today, it gets boring just staying home.

I turn and see Hank at his desk. I also need to talk to him about that RK900.

I go to him and sit at my desk. "Hank, I have a question" I say. "Ask away" Hank sits back.

"Did an RK900 come to you last night? Basically a Connor but... different" I ask. "No, nothing happened last night, do you want to explain?" Hank asks. "Of course" I say.

I start to explain what happened last night but I'm interrupted by something.

"Excuse me" Me and Hank both turn to what's talking.

Are you fucking kidding me right now?

"I was told I'd be your new partner, filling in for the old RK800, you two are back on the deviant case as well"

It's the god damn RK900 I seen last night.

"No way! I am not working with this thing!" I stand up. "Please Y/N, calm down" It says.

"Me? Oh hell no! Hank you can work alone! But I refuse to work with this thing! I just feel uncomfortable standing by it!" I say. "I'll only work if the old Connor, and better Connor, is back here" I sit back down.

I know what I said yesterday about wanting a new, upgraded Connor. I regret it now, why does life has to listen to me when I don't actually need or want it?!

"May I talk to you outside, Y/N?" It asks. I look at Hank for a second. "Sure" I roll my eyes and get up.

It takes me to the back of the office, where it's isolated. What is it doing?...

The RK900 quickly pins me against the wall and brings its face closer to mine. "I tried to be understanding, but if you continue to act like this, I will have you and Hank removed from this case and I'll have you fired" It says. Its face is literally right in mine... our noses are almost touching.

"Fuck you! Get the fuck off of me!" I try to push it but it grabs my arms and pins them above me. "Just cooperate with me!" It says.

"Awe, sounds like someone's angry, is someone feeling emotion?" I say in a baby voice.

The RK900 lets go of me. "You either work with me or I'll force you too" It says then walks away.

"You either work with me or I'll force you too" I mock it quietly. This thing can just remove me from the case already. I could give less of a shit about this case, as long as I'm not near that thing anymore.

I want the old Connor back... I want to apologize for everything...