»18« Focus

"I'm tired of the way things have been"

Y/N's POV:

I lay on the couch with my phone out. My phone buzzed as I got a text from an unknown number.

?:
Are you okay?

Y/N:
Who is this?

?:
Bryan... I heard about the increase with deviants in Detroit, I need to know if you're okay

Bryan... why does he want to text me now? He left me here alone, even though he knew I had no one.

Y/N:
I'm fine...

Bryan:
Listen... I don't expect you to forgive me, but I'm sorry, I couldn't handle the stress of the deviants, plus Kit's death... I couldn't stay there, I had to move to Canada

Y/N:
It's fine... I don't blame you

Bryan:
Are you mad at me?

Y/N:
No, I could never stay mad at you, you had a good reason

Bryan:
Thank you... I should get back to work, please be careful Y/N

Y/N:
You too

I set my phone down, he decided to text me now...

Connor walks up to me, I stare at him and he stares at me.

"What?" I ask. Connor doesn't say anything. "Just say it" I say. "Your feeling sad" Connor says. I sigh and sit up.

"Would you like comfort?" Connor asks. I look down and nod my head.

I hear footsteps walking toward me and soon and warm embrace around me. I look up and see Connor hugging me. I hug him back tightly.

Connor's LED went yellow for a little bit. Connor unwraps his arms around and I do the same. "You're feeling better" Connor says. "I am" I say. "If you ever need help, don't be afraid to ask" Connor says. I nod and look down.

I just need sleep...

~The Next Day~

We got another case, it was at a tower, apparently deviants broke in and broadcasted a message to the world.

We were searching around the broadcast room. I go up to the control pad and press play.

It's an android without its skin...

That voice... I've heard it somewhere...

Connor stands beside me and scans the screen. "Do you see something" I ask. "I got its model and serial number" Connor says. "Anything else?" I ask.

Connor looked hesitant. "No, nothing" Connor looks at me. He looks back at the screen.

I'm not convinced... but he isn't going to tell me more.

I go into the kitchen where the three androids are. Connor walks in behind me.

"One of these are a deviant" Connor says. "What?" I ask. "The CCTV was being controlled by an Android, one of these androids let the deviants in" Connor says.

"Should I let you do your work?" I ask. "That would be better" Connor looks at me. I nod and walk out of the kitchen.

I go over to Hank. "Has anyone inspected the roof?" I ask. "Not yet" Hank says. "I'll be up there, call me if you need me" I say.

I go up the stairs and to the roof.

There's a puddle of blue blood already, this is where the deviants jumped. I look around, there's small drops of blue blood in the snow.

They aren't easy to see though...

I follow them throughout until I'm lead to a crate. I'm hesitant to open the door, if it's in here... it might be armed.

I put my hand on the handle and turn it. I open the door slowly.

In the blink of an eye, one of the deviants jumped on me. I screamed for help as the deviant tried to point its gun at me.

I hear a gun shot, a sharp pain goes through my hip. I fall down, I see blood drip down onto the snow.

I hear something behind me, I turn over and see Connor fighting the deviant. The gun points up and shoots the deviant in the head.

Connor looked shocked, he couldn't move. He looked over to me, and it was like reality came back to him.

Connor rushes over to me and hold my bullet wound. It hurts...

"It'll be fine" Connor says. He rips a piece of his coat and wraps it around my wound. It hurts more!

I start breathing heavily, this pain... I can't be reminded...

"Hey! Y/N! Look at me, focus on me" Connor says. I look up to Connor. "Look at me, don't look away! Don't focus on anything else!" Connor says.

My breathing calms down, my heart beat slows down. "It's only me... nothing else" Connor talks more softly. It calms me down... the pain doesn't hurt as much...

"Shhhh... it'll be okay Y/N, it'll be okay" Connor holds my head up. I get more tired...

I slowly close my eyes...

Connor's POV:

She falls asleep right in my arms. Her heart is beating normally now, her breathing is calm now. She's okay...

I pick her up. "She needs immediate help, call the ambulance" I say. I go to the stairs and go back into the broadcast room. Y/N is still asleep, she'll be knocked out for a while.

I'm glad I could calm her down...

Hank rushes up to us. "What happened? Is she okay?!" Hank asks. He's worried... he's anxious...

"She's fine, but this wound needs to be treated right away before it get infected" I say.

"Lets go then, we can't lose her" Hank says. His heart rate increased, he's extremely worried. I want to tell him that she'll survive, but I'm afraid that will only raise his anxiety due to... his son.

We get in the elevator and get to the lobby room. The ambulance is already here.

"She's asleep right now, but her bullet wound is really bad" I say. She's placed in the back of the truck, me and Hank watch as the truck drives off.

He's still worried. She'll be fine, we just have to hope that the surgery will go well.