»27« Cameron

"How could you have the girl of your dreams but still feel so dead?"

~The Next Morning~

Y/N's POV:

I open my eyes and roll over to find Boomer asleep beside me.  I gently pet him and get up.

I yawn, stretch, and check my phone; it's 10 am...

I put my phone down and go downstairs.  I hear the sounds of food being made, it smells like eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

I head to the kitchen to find Connor and the RK900 making breakfast.  "Good morning." I say as I hear the trotting of Boomer behind me, following me into the kitchen.

"What's going on?" I ask.  "Last night was....troublesome, so we both decided it'd be nice if we worked together to make you breakfast." Connor says.

I smile at the thought of these two getting along.  It's like watching two children cooperating after a fight.

Connor grabs a piece of bacon and feeds it to Boomer, who is sitting at his feet.  Connor said not to trust the RK900 easily...

Although it's hard not to, especially when he does something like this.  I mean, I trusted Connor easily, and sure it hasn't been smooth sailing but at least I'm not dead...

"Here you go." RK900 hands me a plate of food with a smile gracing his lips.  "Thank you" I grin and take the food.

I sit at the table and eat, looking over to see the two androids feeding Boomer left over food.

The two are smiling and laughing as Boomer continues to devour the food he's given. I can't help but smile at the view in front of me; I know RK900 isn't bad, he was under control and needed to be freed.  I helped him understand that....

~~~~

I grab my plate and put it in the sink, I'll wash it later.

I lay on the couch and just relax....wait, was there work today?!  "RK900, are there any leads today?" I ask.  I see him stand still for a moment, checking if there was.  "No, not for our team anyway." He says.  "Thank god..." I lay back down.

I wonder how Hank is doing?  I haven't seen him in a while.  Maybe I'll pay a visit to him, and bring Boomer along too.

"Connor, is Hank alright?" I ask.  "Last time I saw him he was doing just fine." Connor says. "How about we go see him?  I'm sure he wouldn't mind." I say.  "What about the RK900?" Connor asks.  "It's jut another android, Hank won't mind." I say.

I look at the RK900's outfit, then to Connor's; Connor looks human, RK900 doesn't.  Should I get him better clothes?

I should also stop calling him RK900, he needs a new name.

"Connor can you grab Boomer's leash?  It's upstairs in my room." I say.  Connor nods and heads upstairs.

"So, RK900, do you still want a new name?  I have one in mind." I say.  "I would like that." He smiles.

"RK900, register your name...Cameron." I say.

"My name is Cameron." He says.

(I was suggested SO MANY NAMES. The biggest two were Conan and Colin? I wanted a new and unique name, not one that apparently the fandom gave RK900. Thank you to ConnorDaBoi for giving me the name Cameron!)

"So?  Is it a good name?" I ask.  "It's....it's hard to judge, as I mentioned, my program doesn't exactly allow me to judge this sort of stuff." He says.

Strange....if I asked Connor or Markus that question, they would've given their honest opinion.  Then again, maybe he just isn't used to this freedom he has.  He just needs time.

Connor comes back to the living room with the leash on Boomer.  "We're ready." Connor smiles.  "Great, we should then." I say.

I look at what Cameron is wearing, he'll be identified as an Android, that's fine for now, it's also safer.

I lock my apartment door as we step out, what's the use anyway?  Everyone just manages to break in.

Maybe I should buy a house, less noise, less complaints, and less worry of police coming after me for shooting a gun.  It might also be safer as well....

We get in the elevator and go to the lobby.  I call for a taxi as we wait outside.

~~~~

I pay the taxi and step out with Connor and Cameron trailing behind me.  We walk up the front step and I ring the doorbell.

After a few seconds, Hank opens the door. "Surprise! I thought we'd come visit you." I smile.  "Nice to see you again Y/N, it's been a while, come on in." Hank lets us in.

"The RK900 is here?" Hank asks.  "Well....he's gone deviant and now goes by the name Cameron." I say.  "Deviant?  The model that was meant to not deviate." Hank laughs.

"Funny yet strange, apparently CyberLife can't do anything right." Hank looks at Connor. "Sorry, didn't mean it in an offensive way." Hank says.  "It's fine Lieutenant." Connor says.

I look beside me and find Boomer jumping around and annoying Sumo, who is laying down and trying to sleep.

My phone begins to ring.  I take it out and look at the number.  It's an unknown number?

I decide to answer the call...

"Is this Y/N?" The voice asks.  The voice is so familiar...

"Yes, who's this?" I ask.  "Kamski, I need to speak with you." he says.

"Kam-!" I quickly cover my mouth.  Connor and Cameron look at me, confused.

"It's an important call!  I'll go outside!" I say.  I turn around and rush outside, closing the door.

Connor's POV:

"Kam-!" Y/N quickly cuts off.

I turn to look at her.  Who's she calling?  I scan her phone, there's no contact.  I search up the number that's calling her.

Kamski....why's he calling her?

"It's an important call!  I'll go outside!" Y/N quickly rushes outside.  Is she hiding something?  I knew her and Kamski were best friends, but what reason does he have for calling her?

Y/N's POV:

"Kamski?!  What do you want?" I ask.  "You, well....more of what you have." he says.  "Listen, you're my best friend, we've known each other for years, just understand me." He adds.

"Go on..." I say.  "You have 24/7 access to the CyberLife Tower, and I know you haven't been abusing that access, but there's one slight problem...." Kamski says.  "What is it?" I ask.

"I know you have the RK800."