Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Chester’s POV

          They sat together in their hotel room after the concert. Mike was changing clothes and throwing things at him to change into. Chester pulled on his jeans and then a black shirt. He didn’t really care about what he was putting on. Mike glanced over at him and offered him a smile.

          “You look good like that Chazzy,” Mike said. Chester gave him a small smile. It was weird, simple compliments like that made him feel a little uncomfortable. He got embarrassed.

          “You look good in anything,” Chester tried and Mike laughed as he stood up and ran a hand through his sweaty hair. It had started to lose some of its red.

          “Uh…Chaz…..do you want to go take a walk? It’s cooler outside,” Mike said and Chester nodded.

          “Yea sure.”

          Mike grinned and then threw a couple things in his bag and put a few things into his pocket. He grabbed Chester’s hand and led them out of the hotel. In the streets they didn’t hold hands in case people recognized them. They didn’t need to start spreading rumors. Mike had told him that people might not be accepting of him and Mike together at first. Eventually they could tell their fans but they didn’t need to do it yet. Mike smiled at him again as they cut off of the main road and down a path towards a small lake. Chester grinned as he remembered the cliff overlooking the ocean back at home. He missed that place a little. Mike glanced around before taking his hand and leading him to a cliff just like the one back home.

          “Remember this?” Mike asked with a small grin. Chester smiled and nodded slightly.

          “I don’t think I could ever forget this,” he said softly. He heard Mike chuckle softly.

          “Me neither.”

          “It looks really nice here too,” Chester whispered and Mike nodded.

          “I think this is amazing,” Mike agreed. Chester nodded and leaned against Mike. The moon was out and illuminating their bodies. It really was a beautiful night. Mike couldn’t have picked a better night for something like this. He smiled slightly as he felt Mike hug him.

          “I care about you so much Chazzy. I want you to know that. And I’d do anything for you. Without you, I don’t know what I’d do. You’re so special and I hope that now you’ll finally be able to see that. Now that we’re performing. Now that you’re away from all that hate. I love you so much and I hope you feel the same way,” Mike said softly. Chester smiled before looking up at Mike.

          “You know I do.”

          “Then do you mind if I ask you something?” Mike asked softly. Chester shook his head and he felt Mike let go of him. He turned around to see Mike reach into his pocket and then kneel down in front of him.