Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Mike’s POV

          “M-Mike s-stop,” Chester begged as Mike leaned down on top of him and kissed him.

          “I want you to look at me like you looked at him.”

          “Mike…..please,” Chester said softly.

          “Look at me like that!”

          “I….”

          “I want to see that I’m the reason you’re happy. It’s because of me!”

          “Mike….stop you’re hurting me,” Chester said softly but Mike ignored him.

          “Look at me just like you looked at Dave that one day,” he snarled.

          His eyes shot open as he sat up in a panic. He’d been having that dream every day. All the time he was forcing Chester to look at him with that same adoration and love. It was his worst nightmare. As Chester squirmed beneath him and begged him to stop hurting him, Mike would stare into his eyes and yell at him to look at him like that. He sighed as he leaned back slowly on the bed. Chester must have been tired because he wasn’t awake. He hadn’t even shifted or muttered anything. Mike had been so caught up in his nightmares for the past couple weeks that he had completely forgotten that Chester might be having the same problem. He hoped not. He hoped he hadn’t been too caught up in his self-hate that he’d forgotten to see if Chester was ok. He lied down next to Chester again and closed his eyes.

It was still early in the morning, they could sleep for a little while. Chester turned to face him and Mike noticed that his hands were clenched into fists. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were shut tighter than they should be. He was having nightmares but he’d managed to keep it quiet. That meant that Chester could’ve been in pain every night and dealt with it himself. Mike sighed softly as Chester let out a quiet whimper before he lifted him off the bed and held him in his lap. He pulled a blanket over the two of them and then he finally felt Chester’s body relax a little bit.

“You don’t have to be strong all the time now, Chazzy,” Mike whispered and Chester’s head fell into the crook of his neck and then he was breathing evenly. Mike smiled slightly before leaning back against the headboard of the bed. A few minutes later, Chester shifted and opened his eyes.

“Why am I in your lap?” Chester asked softly.

“Because you don’t have to be strong all the time now Chaz. You can still be taken care of. I’ll take care of you,” Mike said and Chester pressed closer to him.

“Ok.”

“What was it this time?”

“He got me again,” Chester whispered and Mike tightened his grip on him.