Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Mike’s POV

          He sat next to Rob on the couch in his apartment. Chester was in the other room with Dave and Brad but he wasn’t even focusing on that. He was focusing on what he’d done. He just couldn’t take it. He was so fucking stupid.

          “Mike…..you were afraid you were going to lose him. I get that. But why the hell would you do that to try and keep him with you?” Rob asked.

          “I d-don’t know. I-I j-just didn’t want to l-lose him. H-He’s all I g-got. I g-got scared I-I’d lose him. He w-was so a-attached and I just couldn’t l-live if h-he was gone w-with someone else. I don’t k-know why I tried t-to scare h-him into being with me,” Mike managed as more tears fell.

          “It wasn’t your best idea,” Rob said and Mike just shook his head.

          “I don’t even deserve to see him anymore. I should just walk out right now,” Mike said.

          “You know you’d break his heart,” Rob said.

          “I already did,” Mike whispered before he shook his head and stared at the ground.

          “Hey Rob, uh….Brad and I and ummm you know, we’re going back to our place for the rest of the night,” a voice said. He recognized it as Dave’s.

          “Ok,” Rob said and he heard feet shuffling around. Mike glanced up and was met with Brad and Dave standing there. Dave had Chester supported in his arms and Brad had Chester’s legs in his arms. They were going to take him away from him.

          “No! Please….please don’t take him away!” Mike begged as they walked towards the door.

          “Mike…settle down, they’re going to make sure he’s ok for tonight,” Rob said but Mike was already getting up off the couch.

          “Please….please leave him here,” Mike said but Rob grabbed his arm and pulled him down.

          “Look Mike, they’re making sure he’s ok. He needs to sleep and he’s scared. They’re going to make him better,” Rob said softly as Mike pulled against his grip.

          “I……” Mike began but the door shut and Chester was gone.

          “Mike he’s fine,” Rob said but Mike got up angrily.

          “He’s NOT FINE! I just fucking assaulted him! Again! He’s not ok!” Mike said pacing the floor, “He’s not ok.”

          “Well whose fault is that? I’m sorry Mike but it’s just like a crime. They’re not going to let the bad guy spend time with the victim,” Rob said and Mike crashed to the floor again. He couldn’t take this.