Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Chester’s POV

          He hurt so much. So much. He wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to take it anymore. His concussion was terrible and his head was pounding. His eyes slowly opened to look up at the ceiling of the hospital. Mike was sitting next to him with a smile on his face.

          “Morning, beautiful,” he said softly. Chester gave him a small smile in return.

          “Hey Mikey.”

          “I called the guys. They’re coming to visit today,” Mike said and Chester smiled at that. He’d see his family again.

          “Ok.”

          “They’re going to take the ventilator off of you today. Few minutes or so,” Mike said and Chester nodded. He’d finally be off this thing. Just like Mike had said, ten minutes later, he was free and could breathe on his own. He sighed in relief and rested in his bed. Mike came in a minute later and he immediately sat up and smiled as Mike jumped next to him and kissed him.

          “I’m so glad you’re ok,” he whispered but Chester was just happy to be able to do this again. He wrapped his arms around Mike’s neck and deepened their kiss. Mike had his hand on his waist and kept him pulled against him.

          “OH GREAT AGAIN!?”

          Chester jumped in surprise as Rob, Dave, Joe, and Brad all came into the hospital room. Mike laughed as he saw the smiles on all their faces. Chester couldn’t help it, he smiled. He was so happy to see them all again.

          “Hi Chazzy! How are you feeling?” Rob asked with a grin as he sat down on the edge of the bed. Chester was still wrapped in Mike’s arms but he smiled down at the other man.

          “Ok. I guess,” he said and Dave gave him a smile.

          “Awesome. Cause you know, we cancelled the tour for now. But we can always pick up where we started off.”

          “Oh no we won’t,” Mike said almost immediately, “Chaz isn’t singing for a while. He needs his rest and time to recover. We’ll start up again once he’s totally recovered.”

          “Mike…..” Chester protested. He was delaying the band again. He hated being put on the spot.

          “No Chester,” he said and Chester shut up. He knew not to mess with Mike when he had his mind set on something.

          “Alright well that was a bad topic to bring up. Anyways, we’re glad you’re ok,” Dave said with a smile. Chester shook his head but grinned back at him.

          “Thank you.”

          “Shit, man, when you fell, I thought you’d slipped on your jump or something,” Brad said looking down to where Chester’s head was bandaged.