Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Chester’s POV

          It was the last day of their honeymoon. It had been great in Chester’s opinion except for the times when Mike got upset about things. He honestly hadn’t known that his time with Dave had upset Mike until that one day that Mike had stormed out of the room. He had just needed comfort from someone and Dave always seemed to be there for him. It wasn’t like he was trading Mike for Dave even though Dave wasn’t a bad looking guy either. He would never have traded Mike for anyone.

          As the days passed, Chester noticed that Mike would act weird at times and that made him worry. Mike wouldn’t laugh as much. Instead he would nod or smile but never laugh. He spent a lot of the time arguing on the phone with someone. But the weirdest part was when they were together. If they were sleeping together or just sitting together, Mike was different than usual. He’d always hold him close like normal but now it was as if Mike was trying to prevent him from going anywhere. The one time he’d spent five minutes trying to squirm out of Mike’s grip because otherwise he’d piss himself on the couch which probably wasn’t a good idea.

          But this whole new side of Mike was scaring the shit out of him. He didn’t know what was going on. He didn’t know what had happened to the Mike he knew. The one that would comfort him all the time. The one that hadn’t acted like this. Chester sighed as he heard Mike on the phone again. His phone buzzed next to him and he picked it up. It was Rob.

          “Hey Chaz….what’s up?” Rob asked quietly.

          “Nothing much. We’re coming back tomorrow,” Chester said with a small smile.

          “Ok that’s good. Hey do you know what’s going on with Mike? He’s been calling here almost every day and he and Dave have been going at it forever! I don’t know what they’re arguing about,” Rob said. Chester swallowed. So that was who Mike was fighting with.

          “I…..I don’t really know. I’ve noticed he’s been on the phone a lot. I’ll talk to him and see if I can figure out what’s going on,” Chester said.

          “Goddammit, you know that’s not what it was about!” he heard Mike yell from the kitchen. Chester lowered his eyes to the floor and then took a breath.

          “Rob, tell Dave to hang up. Tell Dave to hang up the phone,” Chester said.

          “Why?”

          “Just tell him!” Chester managed and he heard Rob pass the message along, “Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

          “Ok bye Chaz. Try to see what’s up,” Rob said and Chester nodded to himself. He hung up and then quickly hid it as Mike came into the room muttering angrily.

          “Fucker hung up on me.”

          “It’s not nice to talk about your band mates like that. Goddammit Mike it’s me you’re mad at so don’t take this out on him!” Chester shouted. His anger was getting the better of him.