Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Chester’s POV

          He woke up lying on top of Mike. And he knew what he had to do. He had completely forgotten all about Steve. He hoped that he was alright. Chester climbed off of Mike who was still sleeping before crawling into his own bed and pulling out his phone. He unfolded the note that he’d kept with him ever since that camp. He typed the number in and prayed to God it would work.

          ‘Hey Steve, it’s Chester from that camp we were at in the summer. Do you remember? You left your number to me that one day and I completely forgot to text you once I got out.’

          Chester clicked his phone off and lied down facing the ceiling. He was crazy if he thought that Steve would remember him. It’d been six years since they’d seen each other. So he was surprised when his phone binged.

          ‘Oh man hey Chester! Of course I remember you!’

          ‘Really?’

          ‘You were that little boy I saved from the rain. You had a boyfriend named Mike and you were starving.’

          ‘Oh god. Steve, wow, I can’t believe you actually remember that.’

          ‘Don’t sell yourself short bud. You were fucking attractive.’

          ‘Thanks?’

          ‘Yea, yea. I’m with Matt by the way. Hey yo, you should FaceTime me and we can chat.’

          ‘Ok. Hang on.’

          Chester called him up and then waited for it to connect. He smiled when Steve appeared on the other end.

          “Chester! Hey man, you don’t look much different! I thought you were blonde!” Steve laughed.

          “I….Yea I was. I decided to change it.”

          “That’s cool. Hey Matt is with me look,” Steve pointed behind him where another man walked up.

          “Hello Chester,” he said.

          “Hi Matt.”

          “Steve told me a lot about you. Said you were a very attractive young guy. I see he was right,” Matt said with a smile.

          “Thanks. But I know you two are incredibly happy together.”

          “That’s right we are!” Steve said flicking his brown hair out of his eyes, “Oh by the way did you ever get back with Mike?”