Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Mike’s POV

          He seriously could not take this anymore. Chester was being pulled farther and farther away from him. He was hanging around with Dave and Rob all the time and he wasn’t even giving Mike those looks anymore. It was like he was a completely different person. Mike didn’t like the new Chester. He was cold towards Mike and open to everyone else. Mike still had the ring, he hadn’t given it away yet. He knew there was still a small sliver of hope. A small one. But that hope was pretty much trashed every time he saw Chester and he got angry again. He’d considered beating Chester up just to be even. But he knew he couldn’t do that. He wouldn’t be able to hurt Chester. He heard shouting coming from outside and yells that sounded like Dave or Rob. Then the door to the bus opened and Dave flew inside. Rob came after him supporting Chester against him.

          “What the fuck?” Brad said from the couch.

          “Fucking fucks!” Dave responded as he helped Rob set Chester down on the couch.

          “What the hell is going on?” Brad asked.

          “We were out getting food like we said we were going to do. Chaz left the restaurant to go out and wait for us and these people fucking attacked him!” Dave explained as he sat down next to Chester and began to wipe the blood off of his face.

          “Why?” Brad sounded worried.

          Chester looked up, “They called me a faggot.”

          “Oh so they’re a bunch of dicks. Got it,” Brad said rolling his eyes.

          “Yea. People are so pissed off. I’d like to kill them all,” Rob said as he supported Chester’s body against his. Mike couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Chester had gotten attacked because he was gay. Mike felt his anger rising. People were such idiots.

          “We got out there and managed to pull him out of the fray but they would not leave us alone until we got to the bus,” Dave sighed as Chester coughed blood into the towel Dave had, “It’s alright. You’re going to be fine.”

          Mike glared at Dave. He was being what Mike had been for Chester. It wasn’t fair. Rob was wrapping a bandage around Chester’s arm. Chester didn’t deserve this. He looked terrible too. Blood ran down from his head into his eye and his nose was bleeding enough to run into his mouth.

          “Shouldn’t people be arrested for doing shit like this?” Brad asked and Dave nodded.

          “They should be! But there weren’t any cops around or anyone to call them.”

          Mike still hadn’t said anything. He didn’t know what to say or if he should say anything. What if whatever he said made it worse? He sighed and leaned back on the chair he was sitting in. Dave gave him a glare. It was almost like he’d turned the whole band against him.