Chapter 6

Azariah Williams

I stretched up and noticed Zachariah was gone along with his sisters. I raised one eyebrow and yawned. Zariah was still sleep, so I decided to go downstairs and cook for her. I walked in the kitchen and took out some eggs, bacon, and pancake mix.

"If you're wondering where your boyfriend is. He took his sisters to school, so make sure you cook for him to," My mother said walking out the bathroom. "And make sure you sit down and talk to your grandma today Azariah. And if Zachariah is taking y'all there make sure she meets him."

"Something going on?" I asked putting the bacon in the oven.

"No. She just misses you Azariah. She barely sees you anymore," 

"Understood. I'll talk to her before we go shopping today."

"So you really like this boy? Like you're all for him?"

"Yea mama. I don't just give myself away ma. I gotten head from a couple of people, but I never just gave my vagina away where I could potentially get pregnant."

She rolled her eyes, "You only know him for a little bit of time Azariah and he gave it to him,"

"Mom, when you vibing with somebody...stuff happens. And we started vibing once I stopped being stuck up," I explained rolling my eyes. "Like you was all for me getting back out there and finding somebody that makes me happy and when I do it's like it's a issue now,"

"Find somebody, as in talking to them, dating them. NOT meet them and have sex with them off the bat."

I was getting so pissed off like I was about to explode, "You're not being very supportive right now."

"I'm not gonna support you being a little hoe and giving your pussy away Azariah!" She snapped making me slam my fork on the table.

"Look ma! I'm not doing that. I just explained that to you. I don't want to be like you. A single mother with two kids and neither of her kids has a damn father figure. I trust Zachariah alright."

"Well you know fucking what! I didn't have sex at 14 and got pregnant, being a single mother at age 16. I had y'all in my 21's!! Get it straight! That's something we're very different about and I just didn't give my shit away to any nigga that I vibed with. No head, no sex, none of that! " She snapped slamming her fork down. "And the rate your going. This is gonna be your second baby because you wanna be a hoe now."

"FUCK YOU MAMA! FUCK THIS NEW THING YOU CALLED A DAMN SUPPORT SYSTEM! I'M FINALLY HAPPY WITH SOMEBODY BUT YOU JUST CANT RESPECT THAT ALWAYS GOTTA BE NEGATIVE!"

"FUCK ME!! Well how about you go find a new place to live at?!"

"FINE! I WILL!! Give me two weeks and I'll be out your damn hair." I stopped and chuckled. "Your mad because I'm getting dick and your not." 

She walked up and slapped me, "That friends and mother shit relationship that we had. It's over! cause you gotten to damn comfortable talking to me like I'm your damn friend and shit. Now you have one week. I'm still your damn mother and you will respect me, fuck got into you. You better get out my fucking face before I make it 2 days."

"Whoa." Almuerzo said shaking his head. "Sis you was out of line."

"And so was she Almuerzo. She's always been out of line but in her own little shady way."

I stormed upstairs and I heard the front door open and close.

"Speaking of the devil," I heard my mom say.

"Huh?" Zachariah asked.

"Aye bro, just come upstairs with me." I went to my room and started pacing back and forth. All I could see was red, like why would she tell her daughter that?