Chapter 23

Azariah Williams

It's been a couple of months since Zachariah has been in the hospital and he's finally talking. He can walk now and I swear he act like he hasn't seen me in ages. I walked in his room, but seen he wasn't there. I checked the bathroom wasn't there it's like everything was cleaned out. I checked the time and shook my head. 

"Can I help you?" A nurse said walking in the room with a new patient. 

"Yea...where's Zachariah?" I asked making her laugh.

"Zachariah Hill has been checked out 2 hours ago."

"By who?"

"His self." The nurse said raising one eyebrow.

"Y'all didn't think to call me?"

"Not my job." The nurse said opening the door wider. "Please exit the room and not make this a pro--"

"I swear if my mans is hurt, I'm suing this damn hospital." I said giving her eye contact. I called his phone and got no answer.

Me: Look...I gotta go to class, so I'll see you when I get home? (5:35 PM)

I got in my and drove off to campus. Where the fuck is he?

I walked in class and this girl I been talking to named Morgan came up to me being loud and shit making me laugh.

"Finally yo ass show up in class.My man in the hospital." She said tryna mock me.

"I do not say that..." I said trailing off because I do.

"Yea okay bitch lie again. So when can I meet him? Prolly to late for my approval, but bitch Imma still give it to you." She said rolling her eyes.

"Girlll bye....and mmm I don't know about all that. I have bad history with the M's and T bitches." 

She rolled her eyes and showed off her ring finger, "Bitch you see this? Yea happily engaged to my niigga. Alright. I don't want you, I wouldn't dear cheat on my dude after 17 years of a relationship."

"13 years?"

"Mhmm...started dating in middle school. I mean you know that was a struggle."

I laughed, "Girl...y'all that type of love most be nice."

"I didn't think we were gonna stay together this damn long, cause girl I swear he gets on my nerves."

"What's his name?"

"Jeremaine." I froze and raised one eyebrow.

"He a doctor?" I asked and she nodded poking out her lip.

"Mmhmm...I think he works at the one Zachariah was in." She looked at me weird and stopped taking notes. "Something wrong? How you know him?"

"Girl...cause he treated on Jeremaine." I wouldn't dear tell Morgan about me and Jeremaine history I mean what is there to tell?

"Awwnn...yea my bae good at his job ain't he."

"I mean he ight. He ain'--"

"Don't do to much." She said starting to raise her voice making the professor look our way.

"Morgan." He gave us a stern look making her throw her hands up.

"Sorry...I'll quiet down."

"That's not possible for you." We both said making her roll her eyes.

"Akeke...yea shut up and take your notes and continue on with the lesson." 

It was 6:15 and still no text back. This was a short class so I would be out of here in 15 more minutes.