Chapter 20

Picture of Zacarea

Picture of Zacarea

Azariah Williams

I was moving down to Tennessee tomorrow and I wanted to put my pride to the side and make one more stop before I left. I grabbed Zacarea car seat and let Zariah out of the car as we pulled up to my mother house.

I knocked on her door, "Who is it."

"Azariah." Even though it took a minute, she opened the door. 

"Grannyy..." Zariah said and ran into her arms

"Oh my gosh." She said as tears started running down her cheek. "I thought I would never see you again." She said kissing Zariah face over and over again.

I went to the sitting area and took Zacarea out of her car seat. My mom soon followed me and sat down.

"what brings you by?"

"well...you know I'm moving to Tennessee tomorrow for college." I said making her widen her eyes. "You don't get to see your grand kids anymore because of our differences, so I thought I would be nice and bring them to see you before we left."

"Is that baby Zacarea?" She asked making me nod. "Mind if I hold her."

I handed her to her and she sighed, "Honestly...I wanna work on our relationship."

"Ma...you said some pretty hurtful stuff and honestly. It wasn't called for. Mama I never intended to disrespect you in any shape or form, but ..." I said making her nod.

"Azariah...we both said some pretty hurtful stuff. But what hurt me the most was not being able to put my pride to the side to talk things out with my daughter. You realize we didn't even hug each other at my mother's funeral." She said making me nod.

"Yea...I realize that. I was mad and you were mad. And I'm your daughter we should be able to put our pride to the side to talk things out."

"I'm proud of you going to college and following your dreams. Just wish you didn't have to l--"

"Ma..." I said shaking my head. "I'm opened to talk about it and you don't want to."

She nodded and sighed, "I love you and I always will. I'm sorry for all the little things and hurtful things that I did. I'm really ready to step up and finally be a mother towards you. Life is to short Azariah. I lost you, I messed my bond up with Almuerzo, and I lost my mother. My life has been completing boring without you guys." She said making me laugh. "And I honestly want to say, that I love yours and Zachariah's relationship."

I smiled and looked down, "I would really appreciate it if you helped me move tomorrow. Or just be there for su--"

"I wouldn't have it any other way." She said smiling. "So when's the wedding."

"Woah, now I just turned 19." I said laughing. She snapped her fingers and walked over to the TV stand.

"Okay, so heres some outfits for little Zacarea." She said handing them to me. "And happy birthday."