Chapter 15

Zachariah Hill

"Thanks Kyndall," I said as she dropped of Zachary. 

"Look...I'm signing off my rights." She said as she took a brown envelope out her work bag.

I scratched the top of my head and bit my lip, "Bu--"

"And I'm giving them to Azariah." She said and I seen her eyes were red.

"You wanna come in and talk Kyndall?" I also seen bruises on my son and I seen that he was looking sad. "Never mind that's not a question anymore." Rage started to fill my body because who the fuck is she allowing to hit my son. 

"Look, I haven't been the best mother over the years, but Azariah has. All those modeling trips that I went on, I was really on the corners most of the time because I'm struggling Zachariah. I  made some contacts from one of my pimps and he set me up with modeling job in New York. I don't plan on moving back and I don't plan on catering to Zachary...or attempting to." She explained making nod.

"All that sounds good and all, but...what I'm trying to figure out is why the fuck does my son have bruises Kyndall?!" I asked snapping. 

She sighed and shook her head, "I'm afraid of what you might do to me wh--"

"WHAT the fuck happened?" I asked starting to yell, but I remember Zachary was right there.

"What's going on?" Azariah said walking in the house with Zariah. Zariah ran over to Zachary and gave him a big hug. "um Zariah take him to your room and play." She obeyed.

"Who put those bruises on Zachary?" Azariah asked making me look at Kyndall.

"She won't fucking talk...the madder I get determines if I do something to you or not. So you got 2.5 seconds to explain why the fucks that's on my son."

"I used to date this dude name Jason," She started to explain. "And every time we would get into an argument...which was about every day now...Zachary would start crying. He would tell him to shut the fuck up and I hit him. He would always put Zachary in a cage and throw him in the basement when he came over because he said it was adult time. But this time you started beating on Zachary like I damn man," She explained making Azariah tilt her head.

"And what did you do?" She asked making me nod.

"Nothing, Azariah I was scared you have to understand that."

"Fuck you mean you was scared? That's a fucking child right there and that's your child. You're supposed to protect no matter how fucking scared you are!" I snapped before Azaraiah could. "Stop being pussy all the time."

"You're a sorry excuse as a mother Kyndall," Azariah said making her mad.

"What the fuck was I supposed to do? Get us both killed? I worked my ass off on that corner every damn day to try to at least get Zachary out of that enviornment. I tried to break up with Jason, but all he did was kept coming back and hitting Zachary as my weakness. I tried to move, I tried everything that I can..." I jumped up and was about to start choking her, but I shook my head and brushed it off.

"When you need this papered signed?" I asked playing with my ear to calm me down.

"Today, I leave tom--"

"Wait wait what papers?" Azariah asked raising one eyebrow.

"I'm signing my rights off...to you," Kyndall said making Azariah nod.

"Good idea, where's the pen?"

We both signed the papers and Kyndall left without saying bye to Zachary.