Chapter 25

Azariah Williams

"How you holding up ?" I asked Zaya as we were getting our nails done.

"You didn't tell him right ?" She asked ignoring my question. I looked at her and sighed.

"I told him he needs to talk to you and you need to tell him Zaya. That's your brother he deserves to know,"

"And I'm his sister you didn't deserve to tell me that." She sighed and shook her head. "No matter how you felt or if he meant it or not it still hurts and I don't think he'll ever understand that."

"He understands Zaya. It's Zachariah just talk to him babe."

She looked at me and shook her head, "uh no. He hasn't even called me yet did you know that ? He called Zala and mama he doesnt give a damn about me. Never did never will ."

Her saying that broke my heart cause Zachariah does care he's just giving her the space she needs. Tears started to fill her eyes but she pushed them back and shook her head.

"Come on Zaya you know that ain't true."

"But it could be." She said rolling her eyes.

"Please talk to him Zaya. Look we're arguing over this and I almost told him."

"I don't want it to affect y'all relationship soo...can we go to your house once this is done."

"When ever you wanna talk we can."

She smiled at me and nodded, "I told Cameron that I can't have kids."

"And?" I asked hoping she wasn't finna say what I think she was.

"He wants to have sex and he wants to hit it raw."

The nail tech look at us making Zaya sigh.

"I'm sorry but no that boy doesn't have his head in the right place right now. Is he a virgin ?"

She shook her head no, "I would be his second."

"See no Zaya. Condoms would protect you from kids and diseases and infections. And are you ready?"

"Honestly I am and I always have been but there was Zachariah in the back of head telling me not to do it so I could prove my trust to him but hey he thinks I'm doing it so why not?" I shook my head cause zaya was about business but she likes parties so what ? Her head is in the right place and I can see why her mom trust him.

"Well after this we're going to give you pills. The more protected you are the better."

"I love you."

"Love you to Zaya. You're a little sister I never had but wanted."

My phone buzzed so I looked at it and rolled my eyes.

Almuerzo💑💙: Can we talk ?

Me : long as you don't act like a dickhead and my answer is staying the same.

***
Zaya Hill

Staring at my brother face as he rolled a blunt showed he didn't care.

"Why am I here." I said looking at Azariah. "Obviously he doesn't care."

"Naw sis you wanna acting grown imma treat you like one of my niggas!"

"How am I acting grown Zachariah ! I didn't do nothing !" I said trying not to snap. "Can you take me home this talk isn't gonna change how he views me"

"Sis was—"

"No I wanna go home ." I said shaking my head as tears started to fill my eyes.

"Sis what's going on? Talk to me."