Chapter 22

Azariah Williams

I was doing work at Zachariah room as he was getting treated on. I was feeding Zacarea a bottle as I did my college work. I decided to go to community college and just go to Tennessee maybe next year. I don't I could leave with Zachariah in the condition that he's in.

"How is he?" I asked the doctor as she pulled the curtains back.

"For the most part okay. He started to respond a little better and he's gaining his memory back from what happened that night. For 2 weeks, hes doing pretty coo." The doctor said flipping through his paper work. "But unfortunately he still can't get up so we have a tube connected to him and the tube is taken out of his mouth now to."

"If I say blink for yes and move your finger for no he understands that?"

"Yes ma'am." I smiled  and nodded. They walked out the room and I walked over to Zachariah.

"You remember me?" I asked. "Blink for yes, move your finger for no."

He blinked making me smile, "Can you hear me?" He blinked again making me sighm

"Do you und--" He blinked really fast making me laugh and grab onto his finger.

"Well...baby I'm here cause I dropped out of Tennessee and I cancelled our lease on the apartment." I said making him move his finger freaky fast and I saw the angry look on his face. "Baby, I couldn't leave you like this. I'm going to the community college though bae and I explained to Tennessee University what happened and they said I have a spot next year." He looked at me and didn't blink or move his finger. His face was just blank and I couldn't read it.

"Damn man," I heard a voice behind me say making me turn around. I noticed it was Almuerzo as he kept a straight face but you could obviously tell he was emotional.

"I'll give you some alone time. He can't speak, but...he can do the blink and move your finger thing." I said grabbing my wallet. "You want something from the Trap?"

He shook his head so I nodded and left.

Almuerzo Williams

"Damn bruh," I said once again shaking my head. "You wasn't supposed to be there dawg, why the fuck did you come."

I could tell he was trying to speak, but I ain't want him to mess something up, so I told him to stop.

"Man just let me vent. I don't need you to respond right now cause I ain't ready for all that." I said making him nod.

"Bro, look at you dawg you can't even speak to me and shit. Cause you took a bullet for me. And I'm sitting here my blaming myself because I should have never told you about the meeting with the Mexicans and expect you not to come. Bruh, this should be me in this hospital bed, but instead it's you cause you protected me. But I needed you here bruh, they wanted Azariah! AND YOU WERE HER ONLY PROTECTOR AT THE TIME! I AIN'T GIVE--" I stopped once I realized I blamed everything on him. "Look, lil bro...I appreciate what you did, but man...I couldn't live with myself if you died in this hospital room. Look, I'm sorry for telling you about this meeting man. I r--"

Zachariah tried to move, but I told him to stop again

"No, man stop. I don't need you to hurt something and my sister would beat my ass if I allowed you to do anything you wanted that the doctors said you can't do."

I was finna speak when somebody walked in the room. I turned and saw Georgia standing there with tears in her eyes. I sighed because I knew she was feeling a way cause I ain't go see her yesterday. 

"Nice to know that you missed me," She said shrugging. "Had me worried sick and you didn't even come see me."

"Bab---"