Chapter 17

Azariah Williams

"Hey," I said as Jeremaine opened his door. It's been 5 days since me and Zachariah broke up and I'm already on date. Turns out my gr

"You late. You're my neighbor I expected you to be at 8:30 on the dot," He said making me laugh. 

"I had to wait on my ex to get my kids," I said laughing shaking my head. "It smells good, you cooked?"

"I did a little something something." I shook my head and sat down on the couch. 

"Surprised that I don't see your mom here," I said laughing.

"Bruh, he said shaking his head. I swear she acts like this is my 1st apartment ever. This is her you're a doctor, you should be in a house at least a condo," He said making me laugh.

"Shit, she's speaking facts." 

"I mean yea, but I don't just start making $160,000. Like I gotta work my way up to that, know what I mean.' 

"That's facts to." He chuckled and shook his head. "So, like you look nothing like your mom."

"That's not my real mom. I was adopted." I gasped and raised one eyebrow.

"She didn't treat you any differently?"

"Naw...she didn't. Treated me like her own and most importantly  whooped my ass like her own. I felt like I belonged there." He explained nodding. 

"That's really important, you know."

He laughed and shook his head, "Before I decided to tell her about me becoming a doctor. I asked her if she was in it for the money or did she really care."

"What she say? Yes?"

"Naw...she said both. She said the check was nice, but she really cared cause the check went towards me."

"Like she gave it to you?" I asked gasping making him chuckle and nod. "That's really nice...so like do you ever try to find out who your real parents are?"

"At one point, I tried, but I was like if they never tried to care for me or look for me, why should I care who they are? Plus, I'm happy with the family I have."

"Damn," I said shaking my head laughing. "I don't have anymore questions,"

"Good, cause I wanna get to know you."

"Ask away."

"So, how the fuck do you have 3 kids right now? You only 18."

"I had my daughter Zariah at age 14, so she's 3 now about to turn 4. Okay, so my son isn't really my son. That was my exs child and his mother was there, but she wasn't, so I was really his mother figure. His mother finally signed the rights off to me because she seen how good of a parent I was. And now I'm pregnant by my ex, so that makes 3." I said shaking my head. "But, I swear after this is the birth control shot, till I'm either married or something,"

"What about your parents? They ight with all of this? I mean I know your grown now, but still..."

"I left the house at 16 because I was having sex again with my ex. My mama was the one we said go out there and have some fun, well that wasn't the fun she was talking about. We got into this huge argument and she kicked me out. So me and my ex moved in together and I dont ever heart from her till she needs something or wants to argue again. And my dad was never in my life, but I thought he had ditched me, but turns out my mom kept him from me. I didn't know about till yesterday, but at this point...I don't wanna get to know him. I'm fine with how things are."