Twenty-Three

*Namjoon POV*

“Jin...what the hell just happened in there?” I walked into our headquarters, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

I looked at Jin as he also walked into the room, his face heavy with grief and fear.

It was just me and him at the moment, Hoseok stayed with Jungkook at the hospital and would call us if he got any updates.

“Jin...where did we go wrong….where did I go wrong..” I sat down on a chair and covered my face with my hands as I took a deep breath in.

Jin walked next to me and sat down heavily, this must be hard for him too.

Everything had gone terribly wrong.

“It's not your fault Namjoon...everyone made some mistakes. Yoongi killed a man when he shouldn't have, Jungkook hurt Rose...judged her wrongly, and Taehyung didn't even try to get Yoonjeo's body so we weren't sure if she was really dead or alive all this time.” He shook his head and I saw the tears glistening at the corners of his eyes.

“How...how is she even alive? She was shot directly in front of Taehyung, he...he saw the bullet go through her head.” I furrowed my eyebrows as I remembered her today.

She was definitely alive and could still do everything anyone else could. Except she couldn't see anymore.

“I don't know Namjoon, like So Hye said, it was a one in a billion chance. I've heard stories about people surviving gunshot wounds to the head so it is definitely possible. It doesn’t even matter, Taehyung was under So Hye's control as soon as she revealed Yoonjeo... he'll do anything for her.” We sat there quietly, losing ourselves in our thoughts...our regrets.

“Don't forget...Rebel betrayed us.” Jin's voice sounded so broken and hurt. The truth of the matter was that we were both broken.

“I really thought she was on our side for a second...that she would choose us over So Hye.” I clenched my teeth and looked away.

It became silent again, sometimes you just mess up so bad that there is no form of comfort for it. We had been hurt so much, our group wasn't even a group anymore.

“Well this is depressing.”

Me and Jin immediately stood up pulling out our guns to the voice.

“Taeil!? You're still here?” We both stared at the man who was handcuffed to the table.

We had completely forgotten about him.

“Yes I'm still here...where the fuck would I go? And Namjoon, you do realise this is all your fault right? You made some pretty shitty decisions and now everyone is paying for it.” Taeil raised his eyebrow and Jin scoffed in anger.

“Don't you dare do that again, you tried to destroy us once and it didn't work. So don't you even think to attack Namjoon or say he was a bad leader because in reality, he is the only reason we are still alive, and the only reason you're able to talk and breath right now!” Jin clenched his fists as he stared Taeil down with anger.

Jin, forget about him.” I moved closer and put my hand on his shoulder but he hit it off and gave me cross look.

“No, Namjoon!? I’m not going to ‘forget’ about him! Is that how we solve things around here? He works for So Hye, how do we know he hasn't been feeding them information about our plans secretly?” Jin walked up and slammed his hand on the table Taeil was bound to.

“Stop saying things that you clearly have no idea about Jin, I was chained up down here the whole time you were playing tag with So Hye, maybe you’re looking at the wrong person to release your anger to.” Taeil stared back with a taunting look and Jin’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion.