Twenty-Four

*Yoongi POV*

“Get up you useless waste of space. Time to earn your meal.” The men forced me up and started dragging me somewhere.

I knew where they were taking me.

The torture room.

But not to torture me...they wanted me to torture others.

The man kicked open the door, the metal scraping on the concrete only making my heart beat faster.

I hated coming down here, the large room echoed bitterly with desperate cries and screams of pain.

The fresh smell of blood and flesh was worse than anything, and whatever you saw in here…

You would never forget.

I could never forget.

“Do it Yoongi, cut him, stab him. This man raped over 23 girls in the last four months, make him pay for his sins.” They pushed a knife in my hands and kicked me in front of the man I was supposed to torture.

I looked down at the knife, seeing my reflection in it. My ten year old reflection, looking back at me.

Was this wrong?

Is it wrong to take a sinner into our own hands and punish them how we see fit?

Is it even wrong to cause someone pain if they are a bad person?

“What are you waiting for Yoongi!? Make him suffer, do something useful with yourself!”

Yes...do something useful with myself.

How many times have I heard that?

I looked back at the knife. Why did my brother leave me? Why did my parents throw me away?

Maybe this was just fate.

Maybe the world needed people like me to keep the balance. To keep everything realistic.

The negative to the positive.

Without hesitation I looked at him, and I started cutting him.

I didn't know his name...or even if he had a family. All I knew, was how loud his screams were. As I forced the knife repeatedly into his arms, his chest, his stomach.

He died, by my hands, which were soaked in his blood. Stained forever with it.

I didn't feel anything though, I didn't feel remorse or guilt.

“Good work Yoongi, looks like you're not completely useless.”

Good? This was good?

Yes, I did good. I made him suffer, that was good.

“Next time, don't go so easy on her.”

Wait...

Her?

I looked back to the body, my eyes widening when I saw instead of the man I had just killed, it was Daisy in his place.

A knife through her chest.

My knife.

“Daisy?” I tried to move to her but I couldn't. Something was keeping me back.

Away from her.

“Look what you did to me Yoongi. You did this, and it was very, very bad.” She smiled as blood started running out the corner of her mouth.