Chapter 6

Excuse the Mistakes.

My heart dropped. How did he find out? How does he know? Who told him?

August chuckled bitterly, shaking his head.  "By the expression that's on your face, that confirms everything. Daejah they look just like me ." He started. " How did you not expect me to find out? Why didn't  you tell me earlier ?"

I sighed. "I tried August, 3 times-"

" You didn't try hard enough If I  found out 2 years prior to their damn birth! I tried August my ass." He yelled.

I looked at him like he was crazy. " You better lower your damn voice. My babies-"

"Our Baybies."

I rolled my eyes. "Our babies is upstairs sleeping." I whispered yelled. "I don't know who your talk in to like that." I huffed, crossing my arms.

He got in my face, squinting his Dark brown eyes. " I'm talking to you; Daejah Diamond Robinson." He chuckled a little bit. "You probably wasn't going tell me, if I didn't confront you." He scoffed.

I smacked my lips. "Actually I was, that's why I even invited your skinney ass to my house."

" First off, you can fix that attitude. " He scold me, " We gon' talk like adults  hea' and work this shit out, okay?"

" Whatever you say." I mumbled, Rolling my eyes.

He sat down at the island, then looked at me. Burning a whole in my face, as he waited for me to start.

" I tried 3 times, so don't say I haven't tried. The day we got shot, the day you cheated and like a week after you left Houston, which I didn't know about 'till momma Sheila told me."

" So after them 3 lousy ass times, you haven't true to contact me at all?"  "

I looked at him with a mug on my face. Who do he think he is? Talking to me like I'm a damn child or something. This here is exactly why I didn't want to tell him about our daughters. And now I'm starting to regret even texting his ass back.

" Hella?" August snapped his fingers, " I know you hear me talking to you. "

" Yeah I hear you loud and clear." I mumbled. " To anwser your question, I did try to fucking contact you. But you change your number; nobody could reach you for a good month or so."

" Maybe you didn't try hard enough." He huffed.

I looked at him with disbelief. "Man shut up, you sound stupid as hell right now." I said almost,  walking out the kitchen, but August pulled me back into him.

" Look I'm sorry-this all got me shocked. I don't know why your giving me a hard time for." He said, releasing his grip. .

" Giving you a hard time?" I chuckled. "Giving you a hard time? Your the one that gave me a hard time during my pregnancy with them."