Chapter 28

Daejah looked at me like an dear stuck in the head lights

Daejah looked at me like an dear stuck in the head lights. She didn't expect me to pop up on her like this. I got here probably  about a hours ago and came straight here. Since then, I been waiting to her to come back to the hotel.

" What are you doing here?"

My face scrunched up. " Wha' you mean, wha' I'm doin' hea'? I can't come see you or the twins now?" I asked.

" I wanted space from you. That's what I'm saying."

" Ion' care what you want. You ain't gon' keep them away from me Daejah. I been calling you all fuckin' day and you didn't have the audacity to call or text me back? " I looked at her for an anwser, but all she did was sighed and walk into the other room.

I followed behind her, closing the door once I got in. " Is you gon' answer meh' guh?"

She ignored me, going through her phone. I was bout ready to cuss her ass out, but the twins was asleep and I didn't want to wake them up.  She lucky, I have respect for her. She was getting me mad as fuck. I didn't do shit to her and she fucking tripping. I grabbed her phone and threw it across the room, snatching her up real quick. " Girl I  swear to god." I gritted through my teeth, looking at her intensely.

She furrowed, looking at me. " What you gon' do? Hit me?"

" What?" My face scrunched up. " Nawl, I'll neva' put ma' hands on a female. Whea' you get that from?"

She looked down at her arm then back at me. I let go off her arm, apologizing . " Ion mean to do that. You just acting stubborn, which make shit hard. I'm tryna talk to you and you ova' hea' acting like a wall. Stop doing that Daejah, damn." I shook my head.

" Whatever August. " She walked into the bathroom.

" Daejah Diamond Robinson, if you don't sit your ass down on this bed and talk to me! Stop runnin' from 'dis." A couple moments later, she emerged from the bathroom. Slowly, walking over to me then sat on the bed. " Na' was' your problem?"

" You!" She pointed to me. " You, got drunk, when I asked you not to August." She shook her head. " Like damn! Did you not know you had twins to get home to? I wanted you to keep them for the weekend,  while I take care of business out here. And you can't even do that?"

" Baybeh, I'm only 22 years old. Whatcu' expect me ta' drop what I do inna' day?"

" No, I didn't expect you to do that. I expected you to drop some shit you do. August you have kids now. Whatever you do, you have to think ' Is this going to impact Arianna and Abrianna sometime in the future?' And what you talking about I'm only 22. I'm 21 years old, I'm young too. You think I don't feel the same way? Because  I do. I wanna go out and drink to; but I can't.  And that's Fine By Me, I rather be here with Abrianna and Arianna then out there, August. You couldn't  do one simple thing I asked?" She asked, shaking her head.