Ch: 1

She was looking out of the window in deep thoughts, a pen was in her hand and she was flipping it between her fingers. Her hair slightly flies when the cool breeze hit her face. She took a deep breath and close her eyes to calm her down and it even worked. It was nearly impossible for her to run away from these thoughts, they always bother her whenever she was alone.
She felt emptiness, like her heart is vacant or she is missing something very very important but what? This was the major confusion for Alizey Jasmine Khan since she had heard his voice.

__________________

Alizey's PoV

It was a pleasant day sunlight was slightly coming into my room from the gaps between the curtains giving it a beautiful pink glow. I brush away the fringes from my eyes and check the clock, opening my one eye, it strikes 6:35 am. I get down from my bed, putting my feet in the flip-flop and walk towards the washroom, twisting my long, dark hair in a messy bun. I suppressed my yawn behind my hand and twisted the knob of my bathroom switching on the light I stepped inside shutting the door behind me.

After freshen up I walk out of my room in a vibrant Rainbow-coloured dyed Kurti which reaches till my mid-thighs with a pair of faded light blue skinny jeans. My attire was perfect for the hot weather of summer. I feel really fresh and confident. I stopped at the kitchen door and saw the most precious person of my life. A smile finds its way on my lips. Her back was facing me and she was engrossed in making breakfast for us and humming a beautiful tune. I walked towards her and hug her from behind. She is my strongest support, my love, my life, my mother.

"Good morning, Mama. " I greet her. It was our morning ritual. To greet and hug.

"Good morning, Liza love, have a seat, breakfast is ready. "
She tells me. Even though she wasn't an eastern woman but she had adjusted to her surroundings because of the flexibility in her nature and for my late father. She was an independent British woman who had worked all her life to support her not so well off family. Now she was doing a double time job as a housewife and an owner of her boutique. Working day and night for the betterment of us as a single parent.

I took a seat and settle down myself near our dining table. The aroma of freshly baked bread makes my stomach groan and my mouth waters. She served me an omelet with a cup of coffee, I thanked her and she settled down in front of me.

Ting! The Oven called. I stopped her from getting up and take out the baked yummy bread from the built-in Oven . Don't get astounded you are meeting Mrs. Lauren Flora Khan she is not a typical Mum. She loves cooking so baking bread in the morning wasn't a big deal for her.
I transferred it on a plate and served the delicious happiness.
The breakfast was silent. We both were consumed in our own thoughts. When a yawning figure entered in the kitchen.

"Morning Mum, morning sis " Alina greets and hug Mum lazily, she pulled a chair and sat beside me.

"Good morning, baby. " Mum greets
"Morning, Lina, you again woke up late and didn't even change yet " I scolded.

"Ah! I am still feeling tired, don't wanna go to school," she exclaimed. Wish of every student.

"Aww! But you have to, little school going baby. " I tease. What are sisters for?!

" Dear sis, I am soon graduating " she stuck her tongue out at me. Weak combat skills, point to be noted.

" But right now you are still in school " she throws daggers at me and devoured into her food maybe she is tired really.