Ch: 40

Alizey turned the knob of the study door and walked inside. The smell of books entered her nostrils, she deeply inhaled the hypnotizing scent and walked further inside. The study was empty she grabs the book she was reading last time and laid down on the divan. She had taken a nap in the afternoon so she didn't feel sleepy neither she wants to have a chit chat with her girls. She escaped from her room and her feet bring her here. She was drowned in the book, moving around with the MOONLIGHT DREAMERS, being the part of their secret meetings and adventures. This book wasn't Dada Jan's it was Danisha's. She had seen it in her room and took it with her to read after informing her.

The doorknob twisted and someone walked inside. She was so engrossed that she didn't even realize someone had entered until he walked towards the shelf and started shuffling the books in search of something. Sensing the movements she lowers the book to have a better look. Dawood was there and she can see his side profile. She tugged the wandering strands behind her ear and adjusted her scarf on her head, sitting appropriately. He felt her gaze on him but ignored her and continued his search. She lowers her gaze and tried to read the book but failed. She sighed and put the book back on the table. He had moved towards another shelf still looking through the books.

" What are you searching? May I help you? " she asked looking at him. His head turns in her direction.

" Thank you, I found it." He politely smiled and tugged a book out of the shelf. She nodded and stood up walking towards the shelf from where she had taken out Danisha's book. She wanted to apologize for her behaviour with him.

" You don't have to leave. I am leaving," he said to her and she turns towards his direction. His voice held something foreign which shaken her to the core. His attire was clean and ironed, seems like he had just taken a shower because she can smell the refreshing fragrance of his bath products. How captivating and sinful his presence was!

" I am leaving after the wedding," she said suddenly and his feet stopped. She doesn't know why she told him, his aloof behaviour was disturbing her. She stared at his back as he turns around. He gulped the lump formed in his throat.

" I am sorry, " he said from where he was standing.

" I am not going back because of you," she confessed looking in his eyes which held pain. He gave her a small smile.

" If it is not because of me then why are you leaving all of sudden?" he said never leaving her gaze. She looked away she couldn't hold the intensity of his gaze.

" Nonetheless, I had to leave. I got a mail from the university. It is starting from the first week of January.  " she told him confidently. He looks at her in search of anything false but found none because the damage was inside.

" Okay, I understand. But..." saying he walked towards her and stood in front of her. " can we have a talk? " he said with a small pleading smile. She can't resist the temptation.

" If you make a cup of coffee for me," she said with an ear-splitting grin batting her lashes innocently.

" I am at your service my lady. Will you accompany me to the kitchen? " he asked her, his heart feel at ease sensing her returning to her old self.

" Sure do," she said and followed him to the door.

" I am sorry, weren't you busy?" She asked him as her eyes fall on the book that was in his hand.

" Not for you. " he winked at her and she giggled shaking her head at him.

" You know how to flatter a girl," she commented.

" Well, I am experienced," he said with pride and next moment she punched his arm.

" Och! What was that for? " he winced rubbing his arm.

" It was a warning, don't you dare talk about any other girl or even think of one, or else I will peel your flesh off your bones like a banana, understand?" She said boldly looking in his eyes. He looked at her with affection. She looked so cute with the proud nose pointing at him, pursed lips and big, round, dark, twinkling eyes.

" How someone can look angry and cute at the same time." He whispered to himself but she heard. He smirked looking deeply in her eyes. She looked away and cough.

" You are unbelievable, Dawood. " blushing she walked away from him and heard him laughing richly behind her. This was one of the most beautiful sound she loves. So distracting.

" Hey Lizu, we have to make coffee," remembering he ran after her who was at the end of the corridor.

______________

She was sitting on the countertop while he was mixing the batter with the mixer. His eyes were focused on the cup, his muscle flexes as he moves his arms. He looked so hot and handsome. She forcefully averted her eyes from him and look at the stove where milk was boiling. It was about to boil. He engaged her in a little conversation as he prepared two cups for them.

" where do you want to have it? " he asked as he handed her a cup.

" here, " she patted on the counter beside her.

A moment of silence pass between them as she sipped her coffee.

" Ah, Divine! " she moaned in appreciation.

" I can have it whole my life. " she further added without realizing her words. He smiled ear to ear and his eyes shone pleasingly.

" so glad to know," he said sipping his coffee, enjoying every moment.

" Dawood? " she called staring in the distance while caressing the rim of the mug with her finger. He hummed as a response.

" I wasn't a Muslim back then did you know this? " she asked caressing the rim of her cup.

" I know but it doesn't matter," he said placing the cup on the counter while holding it with his both hands and turning his face towards her.

" Why it doesn't matter? Aren't you bothered what I had been doing all these years? " she said looking in his eyes. He looked down and smiled then again look at her.

" I should be bothered but I am not because your past doesn't matter to me, what matters to me is who you are now. I will be your husband, not your parent or teacher, my duty is to love you unconditionally, support you through good and bad and cherish every moment with you, not to point out faults in you and try to fix you according to my wife-scale. You are my wife, not an ornament that has to be perfect in all ways. Even if you were a non-Muslim I would have loved you the same way as I do now because Allah has chosen you for me and he is the best planner. " he was confessing to her and she felt like crying. She felt so beautiful as his words registered in her head. He held her hands and look in her teary eyes for affirmations and she nodded. He kissed her knuckles and stood up from his seat in front of the countertop where she was seated. She was so worried about this after the confrontation she had with Wardah but now Dawood cleared up her all suspicions.

" I know our wedding was planned by our elders but today I want to ask you, well I know your answer but I will love to hear it from you. " he inhaled deeply. He was glowing with happiness with a boyish smile adorning his lips. She laughed lightly at his words and bit her lower lips.

" Will you give me the honour to be my wife? " he asked her. He looked radiant like an angel. His aura was illuminating the room, lighting up everything which he touched. Turning everything gold. Gradually his radiance enveloped her in his charm turning her into the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. They both were showered with the colours of love. The most vibrant and alluring colours of all. It carries pain but peace too, it carries wounds and injuries but care too, it carries heartbreak but happiness too. They had planned to experience the ups and downs of love together because love makes you brave but love can weaken you too.

" Yes, " she said and placed her head on his shoulder while maintaining distance. He grinned handsomely as a tear of joy escape from his eyes. She was leaning onto him for support. She felt overwhelmed and excited for the upcoming days waiting for them impatiently. She truly believes all this worth the wait and a beautiful future awaits for them.

Indeed Allah is the best planner!

°•°•°•°•°•°