Ch: 28

She was dialling his number again and again after hearing the latest updates from her mother who went at  Uncle Younus place to have evening tea with her best friend Aunt Labeena ( Younus's wife). There was no response from the other side exasperated by his attitude she threw the phone on the bed.

" I will surely mess up that bitch face, she has to break all the mirrors from her house to avoid her ugly face." Wardah was burning with anger.

" she came between us. She stole my Dawood from me." She was fuming, her nostril-flaring in hostility.

" She got her place in everyone's heart without even being here. I am sure gonna make this visit her worst and final visit," she said with finality.

Alizey's PoV

"Haven't heard from you in a while, where have you BEEN, girl? You weren't even at the get-together? Hadi bhai told me that you are feeling down but I am actually not buying this excuse. Now tell me what's going on in that little head of yours?" I sternly asked Zareen after greeting as I entered her room which was dark as a cave. I saw a figure laying on the window side seatings. Ayesha followed me inside. We arrived at her place without informing, after doing some shopping for the wedding. We had been trying her cell but she didn't pick up and we were so busy with our family and wedding preparation we didn't get the time for a meetup. Zareen had been out of the radar for almost a week now. She was not even at Alina's birthday party. I was worried about her cause it is so unlikely of her to stay reserved and silent for so long.

Ayesha sat at her foot and I sat on the bed facing her. She sat straight tugging her hair behind her ear, her face tired, eyes were swollen and nose red as she was constantly rubbing it. Her hair was sticking

" What happened, Reeno? you are looking...... ridiculous. " Ayesha said softy holding her hands.

" I am fi....." She started saying but I interrupted her furiously.

" Don't give that ' I am fine ' shit to us. We can see how fine you are. " I said authoritatively. Ayesha glared at me to control myself. I am so angry at Zareen. She was struggling in her life alone. She didn't even think of telling us we could have helped but instead, she shut off.

" What happened, wouldn't you tell us?" I asked taking her other hand in mine. Her eyes were glistening.

" Is it boy-problem? " Ayesha asked sitting cross-legs on the couch, She nodded.

" Yes" she breathed

" Did something happened between you and Mustafa bhai? " she nodded wiping her face. They are not even at talking terms what could have happened which lead Zareen to vulnerability. That's the story to be told by her.

" He is getting engaged next month, she told us sadly as she released a dejected sigh. I thought she was only infatuated towards him but I was wrong. She liked or maybe likes him more than a mere short period infatuation. I actually pity her on this, I can't even imagine Dawood with some other girl.

" I never tried to gain his attention but I am sure he knew I like him. He was so happy when he came to tell Hadi bhai about his engagement. He was beaming with happiness like he was teasing me, making fun of my stupidity. I know its just my imagination still it hurt like hell. Nonetheless, I am happy at least he is happy..." She trailed off. I shared a look with Ayesha.

" And? " Ayesha asked.

" It hurts so much to imagine him with someone else," she said and tears slipped out from her eyes. It ripped my heart.

" Maybe it was better for you. Surely, Allah had planned something much better for you. " I said giving her hand a gentle squeeze. She laughed humourlessly.