Ch: 41

He pulled the chair and sat in front of her and gently greeted her. They were in the well-known cafe in Peshawar. As per promise, He let Wardah choose the venue to have a talk in private.
She looked modest and beautiful as always in the traditional wear, her long hair cascaded down her back like the silky smooth waterfall. She was stunning, smart and bold. She could have captured any man's heart easily but sadly, she failed to capture his, the one she loved the most.

" I ordered your usual, is that okay or you want something else? " she asked him softly, looking at him with sparkling eyes, full of hope and... Love.

" Thank you, nothing else. " he nodded at her with a smile. The order was served and they chatted along as they gulped down the hot goodness sip by sip. The conversation was light and normal. He thought this all ends here, it was a warm goodbye she always wanted but he was wrong.

" let's go for a walk, to talk about what we are actually here for. " she invited him and stood up. He sighed but nodded and stood up she smiled in triumph and lead the way, he followed behind her.

They were on the road, walking along with the green fields in silence, side by side. The air was wet and cold but curious to know what will the next gush brings.

" We have spent most of our life together, childhood, teenage and now we have stepped in adulthood. All mature and grown-up. Like Shakespeare says we are in the age of soldiers now. Where everyone wants to make a difference and want their name to be written in gold. " the wind took her words with it to him. He didn't say anything he just listened, for what he was here.

" And you know what soldiers do? They fight till they win or let the other win. They don't care about their life, they care about the result and what they will get as the war will end. That's the prize, for what they fight and gamble their being. " she continued with a balanced pitch. She had a graceful way of speech that everyone wants to listen to her.

" And do you know for what they fight? They fight for what was there or for what they want, not caring who will die or live. And you, my old friend, is quite sensible to understand what am I proposing here. " she ended talking and the silence fell between them but the wind continued to whistle around trying to gain attention but nobody cares.

" Wardah, I certainly get what you said but do you know, the one who loses not just lose the battle but also the dignity. Fighting over something that will be never yours is a stupid idea even if it is served, you can never cherish it. This is the full and final answer I am giving to you. You wish to marry me but you have a much better proposal than me. Even if I marry you, (which I will never) I can't give you my heart because I have already loosened it. And you should know this a man never forget the love he lost. So very clearly I am saying, don't devalue yourself by running after me, or plotting something because it will get you no gain. Marry Farhan, complete your Masters and enjoy your future ahead. Understand. "  something break with a long bang but nobody heard it, neither him. It was her heart, shattered into many pieces but still, whole and stubbornly beating with the same pulse. She wanted to die then and there in the middle of the refreshing grassland but her heart and my mind were too stubborn to give up right now. They beat and flowed with the same current. She was burning. Rapid heartbeats, uneven breaths. She fisted and unfisted her hand but held her guards up.

" If I can't get you, she can't get you either. " she took out the gun from her purse and pointed at him. He looks at the gun in her hand then in her eyes in shock and surprise.

" Didn't a second ago you were confessing to me and now you are pointing a gun at me, how ironic! " he chuckled richly looking at her.