Ch: 26

He turned as she stepped into the terrace. He was waiting for her with an inviting smile. He was glowing under the light from the streetlamp but it looked like his own radiance, brightness emitting from his every pore creating a sheen around him, turning him into a star under the dark sheet of night. She was mesmerized. The scenario turned her more curious about what he was going to tell her.

" Good you wore a turtle neck today," she said standing in front of her, her cheek was warm because of his presence. He was wearing a royal blue turtle neck shirt with black sweatpants.

" You broke the stereotype that day. I have your shawl." he grinned looking at her intensely. She shyly squirms under his gaze.

" I like it, you care about me," he whispered, his voice hot and smooth making her more nervous. She had never been in such type of situation. Even though she was smart and confident but this man has an ability to weaken her to knees.

" You wanna talk about something?" She said walking towards the railing trying to get out of the moment and the trance and power of it. He didn't stop her, he doesn't want to make her uncomfortable, he liked it that he has such an effect on her.

" We didn't get much chance to know each other or talk so I thought it would be good to call you here and have a little talk. " he elaborated smiling down at her. She nods.

" I won't complain, we all were busy," she said understandingly.

" That is so considerate of you. " he happily said.

" You know who I am to you? " he asked coming directly to the point after a minute of silence passed between them. She was biting her lower lip.

" Yeah, I know," she said looking down. Her heart throbbing out of her chest like Jerry in Tom and Jerry. Forming an ironic rhythm with the silence of the night.

" Alizey, look at me," he said turning her towards him by her shoulder.

" who am I to you? " he said holding her chin making her look in his eyes emphasising on his every word.

" You are my ..... my husband. " she declared looking equally in his eyes. This brought an instant, genuine, bright smile on his lips. Not only his lips were smiling but his eyes, his nose. His every feature was beaming.

" You are absolutely right, wifey. " he leaned cupping her face in his palm he kissed her forehead gently. His lips lingering there longer than needed. She closed her eyes. A joy of tear slipped from her eyes and she bit her lips to control her emotions.
She was hell scared of their future but at the very moment, she only wants to think about him and that sensuous kiss he placed on her forehead, with all his rights and respect.

Her body temperature raised contrasting with the cold October air. He was warm just like her.

He pulls away still holding her face, he looked at her wet lashes, closed eyes and beautiful features. He wiped away the tears which rolled down from her eyes. She heard a sniff which made her open her eyes. She saw tears in his eyes, too. She was stunned.

" Why are you crying? " she said touching his cheeks.

" Cause you are crying," he said and her mouth hung open and then with teary eyes they burst out laughing.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in a warm, tight, gentle embrace. She put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, enveloped in his masculine scent and cologne fragrance. He hides his face in the crook of her neck breathing in her appealing incense.

" Like your name, you smell like Jasmines. " he breathed on her neck and she smiled unable to say anything.

They pull away but he didn't leave her hands. Looking in her deep, alluring eyes.  They were a deep pool of black, absorbing every colour of this universe and glowing like a moon, with calmness but undeniable strength to pull everything towards it.