Ch: 33

She looked at her getting down from Dawood's car. Her blood boils at the sight. She had not met either of them because she was disgusted by her presence here and she doesn't want to hear her name as an appraisal from everyone's lips, especially Dawood. Indeed she was beautiful, with admirable height and cool dressing sense, she couldn't stop herself from appreciating her personality. She saw that he stopped her from moving and said something which brought an ear-splitting smile on her lips. They were so in love. If she was in the cartoons smoke would have started coming out of her ears. She saw her walking towards the door gracefully like the whole world was standing by the door to receive her. Her attention shifts back to Dawood, who was as delighted as Wardah wanted him to be with her. Jealousy pumps in her vein as poison, taking over her ability to think rationally. She huffed and stomped away from the window as Dawood drives the car out of the mansion while talking to someone through ear pods.
________________

Alizey's POV

"Alizey for sneaking out on me you should have a good explanation. " she hissed at me and turn on her heels going inside. Dawood was in the car and talking with someone on the phone.

I groaned loudly, what have I gotten myself into?!! Two explanations a day. I am so done. I stomped inside the mansion. I am still in a daze of its magnificent beauty but it didn't help to freshen my mood.

I met Younus uncle on my way inside.
I greeted him warmly and he greeted back with the same energy. He was dressed up formally for work.

" Why are you going? Dawood and Daniyal bhai will handle it. " I suggest jokingly.

" You are gonna spoil me, Beta. How much I want to stay but I can't, this old man has to work for a living or my wife wouldn't let me in," he said the last part silently with a wink. I giggled.

" Wish me luck, Uncle. I am stepping in the battleground. " I sighed. First, he gives me a confused look then he picks up what I was talking about.

" Best of luck, warrior." He laughed.

" Thank you, Allah Hafiz, Have a wonderful day. " I wished him wholeheartedly. He patted my shoulder. The weight on my heart was lightened so I was ready to deal with the consequences.

"Thanks, kiddo, same to you." He smiled kindly at me.

" By the way, you look very handsome. Masha Allah! " I joined the tip of my thumb and Index finger together forming a circle in a gesture-compliment. He laughed richly.

" Tell this to your Aunt too. " he joked and I nodded. Then with a salute, he left for the work.

_____________________

I was sitting in Mama's room actually it was Baba's old room even though there were lots of room here but mama chooses this one. I know she must have a long last night, most probably crying or checking out his stuff and crying.

This room was wonderful. Walls were dark blue and light blue alternately, a full-length glass door covered with bright blue and white curtains, it opened into a well-maintained balcony which had a sofa-swing. A king-sized bed was in the middle with two corners by its sides and bedside lamps over it. Two divans by the bookshelf and a wooden centre table. A huge photo of the whole family over the bed and some of his photos on the other walls.
I went to his closet and opened the door. It was a walking closet, specifically an empty walking closet. I was disappointed and sad. I don't have a lot of memories with Baba, even the place where he lived most of his life was getting void of his existence. In this kind of cases, I am emotionally wrecked. It feels like someone punched me in the gut, squeeze my heart and plugged my throat causing my breath to get heavy. It wasn't dusty inside, it was clean as it is used by someone. I sat down on a rack and let my tears flow. After a while, I felt two hands gripping me in a protective embrace. How can everyone find me in my most vulnerable state? I held onto the person as long as I was able to gain my composure. I look up and fold a wild nest of curly hair. My saviour was none other than my dear little sister, Alina. Looking at me with teary eyes and silent looks.