Ch : 2

While walking out of the graveyard she noticed a young man entering in. She doesn't know why he seems so familiar. He was tall almost 6.2 feet wearing a dark green round neck t-shirt which was hugging his muscles with a pair of black jeans, a wristwatch around his left wrist, his dark brown hair combed backward perfectly, revealing his wide forehead, his face covered with a perfectly trimmed beard which enhances his graceful personality. She couldn't see his eyes because he was wearing sunglasses and checking something on his mobile while his lips were curved in a beautiful smile. She walks past him towards her car 'he is devilishly handsome' she thought but instantly shook her head on her stupidity for admiring a stranger.

_______________________________

Alizey's PoV

After visiting baba I went to my school where I was working part-time. The school is free of cost set up by TRUST, it's a charity organization which is run by my Aunt Yusra, Baba's sister.
Here both Muslims and Non-Muslims kids study. All the subjects are the same for both, except religion. Well, it's none of my business. I am appointed as an English teacher for grades three to six.
I entered the building and there he was standing my favorite little cutie pie, Rayan, with his bunch of friends.

"Good Morning, Miss," they said in unison.

As always they greeted me with different types of flowers then bid me bye. When they were gone Rayan step forward with his typical Jasmines and gave them to me with a smile. I thanked and high five him and he walk away.
Once I had asked him why he always gift me Jasmines he told me with a goofy smile,
"Because your name is Jasmine and...." I smiled and he thought  for some time while tapping his chin and continue " ...... they smell really good and I water them daily "
I laughed at his innocence and pinch his cheeks but I know what did he mean.

Living a few hours with my little friends is so relaxing without any worry and me being me with there worry less, innocent laughter, those cute gestures to impress me. They are genuine, without any mask or show off.
But sometimes these cute little angels turn into devils with their so many questions and extra energetic attitude,they take over my nerves and gives me a headache.
When I told this to mama she said ;

"Alizey, you should be patient and try to involve them in some kind of activities to divert their minds. They are the angels from heaven, it won't be difficult to calm them. "
At that time I was standing there dumbfounded like please Mama just spend a day with them after that I will ask, Are they angels?

Shaking my head and smiling at the memory I walked towards the office to mark my attendance than to the staffroom because I  wasn't having the first unit in any class but after that, all three units are occupied by me so I settle at my desk beside Ayesha,I pull out some worksheets and started checking them.

____________________

I was roaming in the corridor after my last unit remembering my school days when I use to roam around the school to get away from those boring lectures and now I am doing the same but the reason is different.

A really peaceful voice hit my eardrums, I searched for the owner of it, it was coming from the second last class. I walked towards it and crossed the door while glancing inside. I stopped near a pillar not too far from the class. It was Ayesha's unit there, she was standing in the middle of the class and a student was singing in a melodious voice. Well, it doesn't sound like singing it was something else very soothing, peaceful, his words enveloped me and post me to another world. I leaned against the pillar, still, his voice was audible, I took out my phone so I don't seem stupid while standing alone in the middle of the corridor beside the class.

قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ
"Say, He is Allah, [who is] One,"

اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ
"Allah, the Eternal Refuge."

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
"He neither begets nor is born,"

وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَّهُۥ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ
"Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: )

There were so many colours around me. Splashing and diffusing in my illusions. They have taken me to a different world where there was nothing except peace. Where everything was beautiful. Where you always have listener, a lover, a care taker.

The words I heard in the morning flashed in my memory. The words were still imprinted on my head.

" Allah is with the belivers."

The boy had completed his recitation but I was still in the trance of his words. I couldn't understand what he had recited because he hasn't translated the words.
His voice again brought back so many beautiful memories of my childhood, my father, my Baba, who is dearest of all, Yousuf Asfandyar Khan.

____________________

The bell rang signaling that it's lunchtime now. I was in the staff room eating and enjoying my free time when Ayesha came in and settled down beside me.

"Asalam o alikum" she greets while arranging her things on the table.

"Walikum asalam " I greet back. Twirling my chair towards her.

"Today I saw you again standing in the corridor during my unit," she said while smiling. She was right in free time I often roam around and then end up outside her class, often.

"Ah ...... Yeah! I was missing you ." I say with those puppy eyes and she gave me that 'fool-someone-else ' look.
I sighed in defeat and said "Okay you are right! I want to tell you something ."

"Yeah, sure, what is it ? " she asked.

" Umm... It's about that little boy Rayan. " I trailed fidgeting with my fingers.

" Oh! ..... Your favorite one !" She states. " what about him ?" Then she gives me a confused look.

" He has a beautiful voice," I confess. Hidden meaning in my short statement.

"Oh! Yes, I always call him to recite few verses of the Quran. It soothes the environment around, " she said then think for a while and continued
"So you come to listen to him? " I immediately look at her. This was fast!

"Yeah ...... I think so? " I awkwardly smiled.

" Is everything ok, Liza? " She asked her voice full of concern.
I sighed then give her a sad smile I know I can't hide anything from her she can read me like an open book.

"Honestly! I don't know " I paused then continue, staring at nothing particular outside the staffroom window. " everything is the same in my life, nothing changed but now I feel that my life is lacking something,  really important. I miss baba a lot and I don't know why, is it just a coincidence or what, that these days I am again and again having interactions with your Holy Book " I glance at her at my last words she gasped then give me a genuine smile. She knows where this ship is sailing.

" Summarizing it, you are  'confused ' "
She air quoted 'confused'. I nodded.

" Wanna tell me something else? " She asks with a beautiful smile.

"No, not now. " I gave a sad smile.

She came closer and take me into a side hug then whispered " Everything will be fine, Jan  . Give it some time. Everything needs time to settle down. I think your soul is finding light. The Soul is created with noor so it will find it's way to it. Everything is originated from something and until it doesn't find it's right place, it stays in distress.
Note that whenever you need me I am at your service and I don't need to remind this to you. "

I put my head on her shoulder and nodded. She will be there for me as always then I closed my eyes.

Everything needs time!

•^•^•^•

Vote, Comment & share

[ EDITED ]