CH : 17

After seeing him at her door step she was utterly confused . They aren't on these sort of terms that he came here at these hours of night .

" Do you really think of me as a stranger ? " saying this he takes a step towards her , his eyes gleaming with mischievousness.

" So what do you want me to think about you and your sudden appearance here ? We barely know each other " she said with unknown courage folding her arms over her chest.

He looked directly in her eyes and she stared back equally. He looks away and let out a humourless laugh .

" Yeah,  you are right we barely know each other  " he said while emphasizing on 'barely'. After that silence fall between them. 

But their conversation was still going on with unspoken words.

" You came to talk about something.. " she trailed bringing him back to earth fidgeting with her shawl .

" Oh yeah sorry,  I got distracted ." he said rubbing his neck with an embarrassed smile.

" No worries,  come in . " she said surprising him.

She gets a side and he walked in.  She closed the door behind him then guided him towards the drawing room. The air feels heavy between them. When he settled down she quickly walk out excusing to bring water for him.

He exhales loudly.  He never knew that he was holding his breath. When his mind settled he looked around at every corner of the  room.  It was beautifully decorated . Walls were painted with cream colour , a wall on  his left, opposite to the full lenght window has attractive embossed  work on it. Contrasting with walls there was seven seater sofa set in chocolate brown colour.  A delicate crystal chandelier was hung between the room . There was also a centre table on which an ash tray and marbles were decorated.

There was a shelf hung in the corner ,decorated with golden and dust coloured ornaments.  Everything was so perfectly decorated , it was showing how much they love their home. He feels at home .
The fragrance in this room was calming his nerves.

She walks in with a jug and a glass so his attention went back on her.  She sets the tray on the table and poured him a glass of water then she walked towards the double sitter in front of him . He drank the water and their conversation start.

-------------------------------

Alizey PoV

Just to calm my heart after settling him in our drawing room I went to the kitchen .

While pouring him water I can feel his constant gaze on me which was making me more nervous . I served him water and sat in front of him.

He took a gulp of water and his adam apple bobbles, bobbling my heart too. 

HOW CLINCH I AM ACTING! 

He put the glass down after emptying it then cleared his throat.

" Do you wanna drink coffee , tea or something else?  " I offered.

" No,  thank you so much " he said with a smile then took a breath and cleared his throat again .
" I think we should file a case regarding Alina's harassment. We can't let the culprit wander around ."
He said . His words made me cringe.

" Yeah you are right , but ..." I trailled bitting my lips nervously

" But ? " he asked curiously

" Alina is already very distrub and her life will turn into a spectacle ." I voiced my worry.

" because of the fear of reputation  you are saying we should back off. " he said unbelievably.

" No I am not saying that I am just...... Too afraid... " I trailed.