Ch: 34

They were having dinner in the dining hall. The clattering of utensils can be heard when the spoon hit the plate. The hall had a long fancy table. The people on the table were Asfandyar on the head-seat, on his right sat Younus with Labeena and their three sons, on his left sat Lauren, Alina and Danisha. Alizey was not at the table everyone had sensed that.

" Where is Alizey? " Dada Jan asked to no one in particular.

" She has stomach pain, she is resting in her room. " Alina said bluntly at which Dawood choked. She could have come up with a better excuse.

" Are you okay? " Lauren asked him handing him a glass of water. He nodded taking it from her and took a sip. Tears dropped from his eyes due to choking. Everyone looked at him confused. Daniyal had a smirk on his face he was hiding his face by looking down and Alina and Danisha were fighting back their laugh but no one notices them. Dayan was beside Dawood and patting his back.

" Take it easy, bro," he whispered in his ear at which Dawood throw daggers in his direction.

" Has she taken any medicine? " Asfandyar voice was full of concern.

" Nah, she said it will get better. " Alina answered and take another bite.

" Give her a glass of chilled milk, it will ease her stomach. " Asfandyar tells Lauren and she agreed with him.

The remaining dinner no one brought up Alizey's absence again and the topic shifted towards Daniyal's wedding functions and it's arrangements but Dawood had lost his appetite. He drags spoon in his plate and played with his food to let the elders finish their food.

___________________

Dawood's PoV

The temperature had dropped extremely low. The weather outside was getting colder by each passing second. Heaters were working on their might to maintain the room at a suitable temperature.

I was laying on bed wide awake thinking about the recent twist in my life. I am not worried about it just a little sad because I can't claim Alizey as mine. I can't take her anywhere alone because it is religiously unacceptable and most painful is that I can't touch her or hug her and I was getting addicted to her pleasing jasmine scent.

I sighed and turn on my left side, my eyes landed on the digital clock sitting on my bedside table. It tells 11:30 am.
It was almost midnight but sleep was far away from my eyes. I was restless. After twisting and turning for a whole half an hour I sat straight on the bed, my legs were dangling down.

I took deep breaths to refresh and lighten my mind. I get down from the bed and went toward the window. I pull open the blinds and gaze out of the window at the clear, stary night. I placed my palms on the cold glass and a shiver ran down my spine at the sudden contact. I leaned and placed my head on the glass, it was soothing. Something indefinable was erupting in my chest giving it a heavy burdening sensation, a lump formed in my throat making my breathing difficult. I released a long sigh which fogged the glass. I closed my eyes and rewind the beautiful morning I had with her.

She looked so modest and lovely in her attire. The way she smiles while showcasing her perfect set of teeth and her lively laugh always gives me a sense of accomplishment that I can make her happy. Her shy pink cheeks which glows when I tease her. Her deep, black eyes, they are so dark but they manage to fill light in my world. Her charismatic, authoritative, bossy personality. Her way of dealing with young and elder so humble yet attractive. This girl is a complete package one can dream of. She is my girl and will be mine always and forever In sha Allah. A broken smile captured my lips.

When I open my eyes they were glistening. I saw the fog on the glass. I take my hand there and write an 'A' with my index finger.

My heart wants her to be here by my side. I know I can convince Dada Jan to arrange our Nikkah during Daniyal's wedding but that will be so selfish of me. I don't want to impose myself on her and drown her all plans. I know if our Nikkah would be done It will be harder for me to keep control of myself and I don't want to push her towards such big responsibilities at such a young age. Neither I want to steal Daniyal's spotlight. These are his happy days and I should be happily participating in these most important days of his life instead of having these irrational thoughts about my relations.