Ch: 8

The plane had taken off. There was a long journey he has to travel to reach his destination.
A new life and new challenges were waiting for him with open arms and he was aware of it.
He comfortable himself in the seat and wore the headphones placed in front of him. He surfs through channels then ended up watching a movie.
He has to spend time doing something to end this boring, long journey so he can meet his family after four years of separation.
Then his second stop will be Karachi. It was totally a professional visit let's see will it be!

____________________

Younus PoV

I was debating with myself, whether to enter or not, cause the secret which I am about to unveil, can affect Baba's health dangerously. If he can't take it ...?
But now I can't back off either so I knocked at the door and entered in.

" Asalam o alikum, Baba " I greeted

He was sitting on his rocking chair, wearing cream colour Kurta Shalwar and a light brown shawl draped over his shoulder. He is a handsome man. Even at this age, he had that charisma and charm that make him bold and authoritative which attracts people to follow him.

He looks up from his book and smiled at me. His glasses placed on the bridge of his nose.

" Oh! Younus, Walikum Asalam! Come Sit, You came early today. " he greeted back while putting his bookmark in the book and putting it on the table.

"Yes, I left it on Daniyal Today "

I sat in front of him on another rocking chair.

" How are you, Baba?  Have you taken your medicines? " I asked him eyeing him as if I can see through his internal condition.

" Yes, son, Danisha had given me. I don't like taking them but she won't give up until I take them " he laughed
I smiled. Danisha is my youngest daughter and the major piece of my heart.

Then we went silent. I was looking at my hand figuring out from where to start.

" Is everything okay, son? " He asked while taking off his glasses and looking at me intently.

" Umm ... Baba I am here to tell you something " I started.
" But promise me you will hear me till the end, without freaking out, okay?"
I am myself a father of four children but still, I am afraid of his outburst.

" What have you done? Come to the point " he said narrowing his eyes like a hawk.

" I haven't done anything. It is about Yousuf " a sorrowful look crosses his face at the name of my younger brother. Who is not with us anymore leaving behind his love and two angels.

" What about him, son? " He asked in a low voice, utterly confused at the sudden mention of him.

" Baba, when we send Yousuf to England for professional studies " I begin and look at him, he nodded to continue.

" He uses to visit a library very often. He became really close to that librarian even he told us about him, do you remember? " I inquired he think for a while.

" Yeah, I remember, the one who died?  " he said I nodded

" Yes. That one. He also had a daughter so when he died he asked Yousuf to took care of her cause she had no one. " I took a breath

" So? Came to the point, son! " A little bit of irritation was visible in his voice.

" Yousuf had married her and she is in Karachi with their two daughters "
I said in a breath not able to look in his eyes  But there was no response from his side so I looked up while biting my lower lip in nervousness.