🌠Fourth chapter🌠

"Maybe we're perfect strangers,
maybe it's not forever.
Maybe intellect will change us,
maybe we'll stay together.
Maybe we'll walk away."
Perfect Strangers; Jonas Blue

-

One week later:

Another nightmare interrupted my sleep. I haven't slept well since I  basically turned Charles down and nightmares are with me everyday. It's bringing me back to times when I was totally down and had to visit psychological and took antidepressants. This was probably the worst part of my life and I really don't want to go back there.

I decided to go down because my throat was burning. I flinched, here is much colder than in my room. I noticed Charles sitting on the couch watching television. It surprised me that he is still awake, he is usually sleeping by this time. I went to the kitchen, which is connected to the living room, so when I was stretching out for the glass, he turned to me.

"Another bad dream?" I almost dropped the glass but stayed calm because I don't want to break another one.  

"It's a hell. I'd love to have something harder than stupid water," I groaned and poured water into the glass. I don't know why I said that I feel that I need to let out my frustration.

"Actually I have some beer here, but I don't think it's a good..." he wasn't able to finish his sentence, because I was already sitting next to him and examining the bottle. Never heard of this brand, but it smells good.

"I don't care," I muttered and drank everything that was remaining in the bottle. Charles was watching me with a surprised look. I haven't told you that me and alcohol have a very colourful past?

"What? You've never seen a girl drinking?" I raised my eyebrows and he just held his hand in a defensive gesture.

"Do you have more beers?" I asked and put an empty bottle on the table, ,,this one is really good." 

"Alcohol won't help you." he crossed his arms over his chest.

"How can you be so sure? You want to help me all the time, so give me some booze. It will be the best thing you can do," I raised my voice and frown appeared on his face.

"Why are you so bitchy?" he asked and I clearly hear the annoyance in his voice. Oh wow, Mr. Well-Mannered guy just used a bad word...cool.

"You wanna know why I am acting like this? Because I'M A DEPRESSED WRETCH HAUNTED BY NIGHTMARES EVERY SINGLE FUCKING NIGHT! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SAVED ME, YOU WOULD BE HAPPY AND SO WOULD BE I. YOU ARE JUST WASTING YOUR TIME WITH SOMEONE WHO IS ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT! I SHOULD GO BACK WHERE I BELONG. I..." I wasn't able to finish as Charles stood up and wrapped me into a hug. It was so sudden and unexpected so at first,I didn't know what to do. Then I put my hands around his waist and started to cry on his shoulder. It was actually quite nice and comforting.