🌠Twenty-third chapter🌠

"A look in somebody's eyes
To light up the skies
To open the world and send it reeling
A voice that says, "I'll be here"
And "you'll be alright"
City of Stars; Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone

-

Normani's POV

I shouldn't be doing this. God, I shouldn't be even here, in the darkest alley of Monte Carlo. Why are you here? Go home!  you are probably screaming at me through the screen, but the truth is that I don't have other choice. I did something brainless. I owe someone a lot of money. And that someone is the most dangerous mob in the whole south France. Pedro Sanchéz. Everybody here is afraid of him, because he once killed other French gang without blinking. And he is not afraid to get rid of anybody who betrayed him. When you are loyal you are good. When not, say bye bye life.

And I borrow money from this dude to pay my rent. You know, rent in a nice Monaco apartment is not really a cheap thing. One of my friends actually borrow some money from Sanchéz, that's why I did it too. But unfortunately the bakery is not earning much so I can't return the money. That's why I am here, to apologize and beg for my life. I don't know what is gonna happen, I've never been in this situation before. I didn't have chance to say my parents that I love them. Who knows, this can be my last day.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the heavy iron door covered in ivy. Nothing happened, so I knocked again, this time harder and louder. I'm sure this is the right place, but maybe everybody are sleeping...

"What do you want here?" A man behind the door rudely shouted and I flinched.

"I came to visit Mr. Sanchéz," I said calmly although my heart was racing. I'm sure he is gonna send me to hell.