🌠Forty-fifth chapter🌠

Little do you know
I' m trying to make it better piece by piece

Little do you know I love you 'til the sun die
Little Do You Know; Alex & Sierra

-

*TW - assault*

-

Charles POV:
The bell at the door of Mrs. Deschanel's bakery rang as I and Sergio entered.

"Hi, what can I get you?" a smiley young girl standing at the cash desk asked.

"One chocolate croissant, please," I was about to open my mouth when Sergio spoke up first. The girl nodded her head and I sent Sergio a stern look, "what? I'm hungry."

"Actually, we are here to see Mrs. Deschanel. Is she here?" I asked the girl who was placing the croissant in the sachet.

"Yeah, she is in the back, I will call her in a second," she handed the sachet to Sergio, "1.20 please," Sergio gave her the money and she gave him some coins back. Then she walked to the back, I guess for Mrs. Deschanel.

"Really, dude?" I whispered to Sergio who was already eating his croissant, "we have a serious business here, not a lunch break."

"Sorry, but I'm hungry and we are in the bakery," he shrugged, "what do you think was I supposed to do, huh? Look at all the delicious pastry with a grumbling stomach? No, thanks," he waved his head, taking another bite of his croissant.

"You are supposed to focus...we have to find Ariana, remember?"

"I can't really think and focus with an empty stomach," he shrugged, "you are not hungry?" he moved his croissant closer to my face but I just scrunched my nose and pushed his hand away.

"No, right now I'm REALLY not thinking about food."

"Charles, Sergio," we both turned our heads to Mrs. Deschanel approaching us, "Renee told me that you are looking for me. What can I do for you?" she smiled politely, rubbing out some flour from her apron.

"We are here to ask about Normani, she is working here..."

"Actually, she is not anymore," Mrs. Deschanel interrupted me and I looked at her surprised, "she quitted a few days ago."