🌠Twenty-seventh chapter🌠

"I'm just lookin' for some real friends
All they ever do is let me down
Every time I let somebody in
Then I find out what they're all about."
Real Friends; Camila Cabello

-

I'll give you a very important advice. If you are flying somewhere (even in the rush), you really need to check up the weather forecast. Than it can't happen that you are standing completely soaked and wet in the streets of Monte Carlo.

This time I didn't listen to my own advice. I was so anxious and in rush that only thing I could think about was getting to Monaco as soon as possible. I only briefly informed Jasmine that I need to return back for a couple days, before I caught the first plane to Nice and then a bus to Monaco.

It's summer, so I expected a warm sunny weather, but I was welcomed by the complete opposite. Grey sky and heavy rain, I think I also heard a thunderstorm in the distance. I was running through the narrow streets of the second smallest country of the world, my clothes and hair glued to my whole body. I didn't have umbrella, jacket or a sweatshirt to cover myself properly. If I don't catch cold, it will be a miracle.

After a few minutes I managed to find Charles' apartment. I rang a bell, but nobody answers. My heart started beating much faster, I was afraid that it's gonna jump out of my chest. What if I'm here too late? What if they kidnapped him? What if they are keeping him in some old dirty cellar, tied to the chair? What if they are torturing him? What if...

"Ariana?" I jumped when someone behind me spoke up. My vision was blurry, but still I recognised Sérgio, "what are you doing here?" he was watching me with widened eyes. I must look like a shit.

"Looking for Charles."

"He is on family holidays on Bali. I thought you were there too." A big weight fall from my shoulder. Here is not here, that's good. He's save for now.

"It's complicated, we are not on good terms with now," I shrugged, wiping the raindrops mixed with tears out of my face. He's not the only one with whom I'm on bad terms. I feel like all my friendships are falling down like a house of cards.

"Well, you can't stay there in this downpour. I'll take you to my place," Sérgio took one step to me and I took one step back.

"I-I don't wanna bother you Sérgio. I'm sure you have better things to do..."