🌠Eighteenth chapter🌠

"We can put the kettle on
Talk 'bout how he's not the one
I told you
But I'm never gonna say I told you so."
Told You So; Little Mix

-

"Can you say it again?" Carola was watching me with a widden eyes. She just returned from the business trip in France, so I have to tell her everything that happened in my life in the past few weeks.

"I had my first kiss...with Charles." From Diego breaking my heart we get to Charles. And French redhead is not really thrilled.

"Oh my god, why? Are you completely out of your mind?" she ran her hand through her hair. Now I'm the confused one.

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? Last time I checked, you didn't want any romantic relationship with him. Then I leave for a couple weeks and you are already kissing him? What changed?" A frown appeared on my face.

"Nothing changed," I shrugged.

"THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU KISS HIM?" she raised her voice. Why is everybody so bitchy to me these days? Alexandrina, Nyck and now Carola.

"What's your problem Lacroix? It was just a one kiss" I snorted and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Are you sure it was just a one kiss?" she raised one of her perfectly arched eyebrows.

"Maybe it was more than one kiss. Does it change a thing?" Carola was watching me with a worried look which was making me even more confused. Then she sighed and leaned closer to me.

"Listen, I love you both so much. I just don't want you to play with his and also your feelings, it can be dangerous. I know you are not looking for love and wanna have fun...but please promise me you know what you are doing." I slowly put my hand on top of hers.

"Car, trust me, I have it under control."

-

It seems like Charles is cursed by Monaco magic, because he is not doing good on his home grand prix. He had to retire from the first race and he is not trying to hide his disappointment. I know how much he wants to win. He never wanted anything more. It's one of his biggest dreams to give joy to every single Monegasque on the tribun. Hopefully he can do it in sprint race.