🌠Thirty-fourth chapter🌠

"I've been the archer, I've been the prey
Screaming, who could ever leave me, darling
But who could stay?"
The Archer; Taylor Swift

-

Alexandrina's POV

"They are away for half an hour. Shouldn't I called them if everything is alright?" I asked the others. We already finished the meal so we are just sitting around the table with a glass of red wine and chatting.

"Nah, they are probably making out in the bush," Jasmine waved her hand and took a sip of the wine. I smiled softly but inside I didn't believe it. Even if they were full of passion and needs they would text us. They might be crazy but they are responsible. At least Charles is.

"But it's weird," Chloe noted, "we should at least text them if everything it's alright." I nodded my head and grabbed my phone. At that moment Charles stormed into the restaurant and saying that he is pissed would be an understatement.
He stopped at our table, his nostrils wildly moving. We all glanced at each other confused, we had no idea what is going on.

"Where's Ariana?" I asked carefully. Charles didn't answer, still watching us like a hunter watching its prey. He closed his eyes for a moment before smashing the table by his fists. We all jumped and other guests were looking at us with big eyes. Awesome, that's exactly what we need.

"Can you just stop acting like a little kid and tell us what is going on?!"

"Jasmine..." Nyck said quietly, trying to stop his cousin from making everything even worse.

"No, Nyck, I won't shut up," she gently pushed him away and took a few steps closer to Charles. I've never seen someone with such an attitude. It's great, she doesn't take shit from anybody. But sooner or later it will all turn against her and ruin her completely, "we are not mentalists, we can't read your fucking head. So act like a man for once and say it," Flames were burning inside her eyes when she was confronting Charles. He was staring at her before taking a step backwards.

"How many of you knew about her past?" he asked slowly. Oh no, he knows. For fuck's sake. I and Sergio raised our hands immediately, Jasmine and Chloe were hesitating, their hands only slightly lifted.

"You need to specify what do you mean..."

"I MEAN THE FACT THAT SHE IS A COLD-BLOODED MURDERER!" Charles shouted, Jasmine and Chloe quickly put their hands down, "you two knew and you never told me." he turned to me and Sergio, his eyes almost black.

"It's not my story to tell," I shrugged.

"What's so special about you? Why didn't she tell me first?" Charles crosses his arms over his chest. I was trying to come up with something polite but Sergio was way faster.

"Because we don't make emotional scenes like you." That's not exactly polite but alright, ,,and unlike you, we are mature." he taunted Charles which might look brave and badass but it's completely stupid.

"You son of the b-"

"Where is Ariana?" I demanded. I'm really worried, what if someone hurts her?

"I don't know and I don't care," Charles snapped, "she is maybe in the church...trying to cleanse her soul," he snorted sarcastically. Everybody was watching him with a shocked expression, except for me. I know Charles for years, better than anybody in this restaurant. This behaviour is not typical for him but it's not something he had never done before.