🌠Fortieth chapter🌠

"My skin is made of glass
But apparently it's stained
'Cause you notice all the cracks
But can't look inside my pain."
Stained Glass; Madison Beer

-

*TW - violence and manslaughter*

-

Why did I agree with that? This and many other questions were running in my head as I was packing my things to Monza. Honestly? I'm terrified. Not because of the danger that surrounds the races, I already got used to it. I'm more terrified of seeing Charles. Will it be as awkward as in Belgium? Is he still mad at me for keeping secrets from him...oh, sure he is, he won't forgive me that easily. I can't forgive him either, he wasn't standing behind him when I needed him.

Another thing that is on my mind is more positive. The secret voice is gone. No more sleepless nights. Also, I heard from Penelope that Lavinia is no longer singing in Count Bassie. My first thought was if this has something to do with the fact that I don't hear the voice anymore. But that's bullshit because it was just a ringing in my ear, it wasn't a real person. I'm going crazy, I should get out of hereIn the middle of the packing, my phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller's ID I accepted the call.

"Andretti speaking," I answered, my phone between my shoulder and head, continuing with the packing, "hello?" I asked when there was a silence on the other side of the call, "Is anyone there?"

"Long time no see, Andretti," I froze when I heard a too familiar voice, "more like long time no hear," he laughed at his own stupid joke.

"What do you want?" I hissed, not really in a mood to talk with him. Wait, I'm never in the mood when it comes to him.

"Harsh," he noted, "anyway, how was Genoa?" my body froze and shivers ran down my spine.

"Ho-how do you know?" I stammered, my palms getting sweaty.

"Mafia has ears everywhere, darling. Also, I heard you are going to Monza," I didn't answer, my whole body was paralysed. I don't have a good feeling from this, I really don't.

"I...I don't like where is this conversation going," I muttered with a trembling voice.