🌠Thirty-eight chapter🌠

"I have always been a fortress
Cold secrets deep inside
You have secrets, too
But you don't have to hide."
Show Yourself; Idina Menzel ft. Evan Rachel Wood

-

In the next days, I was exploring more of the city, finding my new favourite places. I managed to take my mind off a little bit so I wasn't thinking about Poppy too much. Yeah, sometimes I had her on my mind, I hear my devilish inner voice but I quickly turn the thoughts away. I'm here to relax and not trying to solve a mystery. I think I have a lot of problems, I don't need anything new. I visited Poppy's grave, left some flowers there, hoping that my soul will finally find its peace. It eventually helps, I accepted the fact that Poppy is no longer here. But when one thing disappears, another one will replace it.

I was about to go sleep when I heard weird noises coming from the outside. I closed the window, but I kept hearing that voice. It sounded like a singing siren attracting innocent sailor to drown him in the river. Curiosity took over me so I got up from the bed and put a thin sweater over my shoulders. I opened the door of my balcony, my bare feet meeting the cold floor. I whimpered and ran back for my shoes. Then I returned back to the balcony, looking around. At first, I didn't see anything unusual.

Until I saw her. It's definitely her, no-one has such a shining platinum hair as she. She was sitting on the ground, her back was leaned against the wall of an old building. She was quite far from me but I can tell she is holding a bottle of alcohol.

"Ah-ah, oh-oh. Ah-ah, oh-oh," although she might be drunk, her vocal range is incredible. How this girl is not famous yet? I've never heard anything like that before. My whole body was trembling, but definitely not from the cold.  Suddenly one window of the building opened and a head peeked out.

"Shut up, people want to sleep!" an older lady shouted at Lavinia but she kept singing as nothing happened. She stopped when someone poured out water right on her.

"Fuck off, putana! Nobody wants you here!" The woman shouted and started laughing hysterically. I was watching the whole scene with disgust. How dare someone acts like this to another person? Who the hell she thinks she is? A God?  Without thinking, just in my sweater, I ran out of my room. I ran down the stairs, surprisingly without tripping and falling.

"Ok, ok, I got the message. I'm leaving so you don't have to strain your vocal cords! Although I doubt you can sing like me!" Lavinia shouted back and stood up. She stuck out her tongue to the window before turning around with a laugh.

"Young people are so rude these days. Having no manners, spoiled brats," the woman muttered and closed the window. So people with manners throw water at others? Why doesn't she look in the mirror first?

"Hey!" I shouted after Lavinia who was slowly limping on the street, "wait!" I shouted again when she didn't stop, "Lavinia!" finally she stopped so I could catch up with her. She turned around and her eyes widened.

"Oh, it's you," she muttered, "do you want to tell me how annoying I am?" she crossed her arms over her chest, "please. You won't be the first and definitely not the last person," I shivered upon her words. I remember telling Charles exactly the same...

"No, I want to help you," I shook my head and Lavinia just raised her eyebrows, "I assume you don't have a place to stay. There is a space in my room, I'm sure you can fit in."

"I don't need your help," she answered bitterly, "I don't need anybody's help, no-one can take better care of me than myself. So thanks, but no," she shrugged and turned around, "and I'll never enter Hotel Olympia again in my life!" And with that she walked away, leaving me standing speechless in the middle of the street. That girl...she is really something. She reminds me of myself so much. She is different than others, just like me. Whole life I've been torn but now I feel so certain. I have to get close to her, I need to find out who she really is. Maybe it will help me to find who I really am.