🌠Twentieth chapter🌠

"But even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh-oh-oh, I really don't care."
Really Don't Care; Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd

-

*TW - mentions of an almost fatal accident*

-

"And what about caramel cake? She loves caramel!" I sticked a laptop with pictures of different cakes in front of Charles' nose. Today is Sunday, Grand prix of Azerbaijan, but also Alexandrina's 21st birthday.

"It's just a cake, Ariana, no big deal." I don't know if he is grumpy because I'm annoying as hell or because he finished second in the sprint race. And if he hadn't got a penalty he would have won without any problems.

"I promised Joe that I will choose the cake. Even Lance would be a better helper than you," I snorted and closed the laptop. My bun fell down so I have to make a new one.

"Don't say that name in front of me again," he muttered and took a sip of his coffee.

"Don't tell me you are still angry at him, it's been months. Even Alex forgave him, she wouldn't take him to Canada if she was still upset..."

"WHAT?!" he interrupted me and raised his voice. Oh god, why didn't I keep my mouth shut just for once?

"You didn't know? Alex flew to Canada to her dad and uncle and Lance basically invited himself. But what I heard they really enjoyed it...oh my god Charles, I didn't mean like that!" I exclaimed when I saw his suspicious look after I said enjoyed. I won't tell him that they kissed again, but this time without any anger...

"I hope you didn't mean it like that," he muttered and took another sip of his coffee. I opened up my laptop again to continue in searching, dodging his remark.

-

"You know what? We need baloons!"

"Ariana..."

"And confetti," I kept chirping, ignoring Charles tirelessy trying to tell me something. I was like a excited little kid.

"Ariana..."

"And..."

"ARIANA, CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR A MOMENT WHEN I WANT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING?" My eyes widened, because Charles never shouts. Especially not at me. He probably wants to tell me something really serious and I'm childishly ignoring him, "I'm sorry," he immediately calmed down, "but there is something you need to know."

"No, no, I'm sorry. What is that?" I frowned, not liking the tone of his voice.

"You know Riri used to be a professional equestrienne and she was doing show jumping," he paused and I nodded my head. I also know that she had an accident and had to retire from the sport, "you also know that she had an accident. On Canadian championship 6 years ago. She fell from her horse on the stone bridge and almost died," I gasped at the new information. She almost died? Oh my god, I had no idea about this, "and because of that she doesn't celebrate birthday so much..."