🌠Thirty-first chapter🌠

"Oh, I'm good at keeping my distance
I know that you're the feeling I'm missing
You know that I hate to admit it
But everything means nothing if I can't have you."
If I Can't Have You; Shawn Mendes

-

Ariana's POV

"Who's gonna be there?" Sérgio asked while he was trying to find his way through the twisty streets of the Belgium town called Liege. It's a place where I spent almost the whole summer break because Jasmine's cottage is here. And Liege apart from being an adorable place it's also very near to Spa which is great.

"I dunno actually. Me, you, Alex, Chloe, Jasmine...they are bringing plus ones with them but I don't know who," I shrugged. Jasmine invited us to one local Asian restaurant to celebrate the success of our Shout Out To My Ex cover. To be honest I was really nervous because I had no idea what the reactions will be and if there will be any. Girls are pretty popular among the drivers but they are definitely not celebrities with millions of followers on social media and neither am I.

But luckily the reactions were mostly positive and even the big stars as Sebastian Vettel or Lewis Hamilton complimented our cover. Especially from Lewis it means a lot because he is very musically based. Alexandrina told us that she caught Lance having it as a ringtone which is cute and funny at the same time. But it's not just the drivers who liked the song, a lot of ordinal people appreciated our work. Some of them even asked when we are planning another cover and we had to disappoint them because we are not planning anything like that soon. But we are not closing the door completely. If there will be a mood and idea then everything is possible.

"Are you sure we are going the right way?" I asked Sérgio when I noticed a sign saying that we left Liege.

"Yeah, why are you asking?" he hummed, no signs of insecurity in his voice.

"We've just left Liege."

"Have we?" Sérgio looked from the window. There was a large field and a few houses here and there. Liege is definitely not a metropolis but also not a dorp.

"Yep, there was a sign," I confirmed and Sérgio stopped the car on the edge of the road.

"But GPS is saying we are going the right way," Sérgio had a frown on his face as he was studying the map.

"Sometimes you should look outside and not boundlessly trust the software," I snorted and pulled out my phone. No signal, how surprising. This is the type of place where the cars pass through once per year. Belgium country everybody.

"I thought it knows what it's doing," Sérgio was pushing some buttons but it didn't look like it's helping the situation.

"Are we lost?" I asked but didn't get an answer. Instead of that Sérgio without words got out of the car. We are lost. I got out from the car and stood next to Sérgio who was standing near the car with his hands on his hips, "and now what?"

"Now...we will pray for the miracle," Sérgio answered, looking into the distance.

"Should I call Alex or someone?" I suggested but Sérgio shook his head.

"That's not necessary, I hear arriving car,"

"Huh? I don't hear a thing," I was trying my best but I heard nothing. I turned to Sérgio and put my hand on his forehead, "are you sure it's not just a  Fata Morgana? Aren't you dehydrated? Don't you have-"