Chapter 4 | Home

~~~Last Chapter~~~

"It's alright. I'm here for you. I'm here." He whispered in my ear, his words meant so much to me. He rubbed small circles on my back, whispering sweet nothings in my ear. His words meant nothing to some people, but they meant everything to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku's POV

'What am I doing?

God, I'm a hypocrite.'

"Hey ... let's get you to somewhere warm." I smiled, releasing my tight grip on this stranger. "S-Somewhere warm?" He repeated me, his eyes puffy from his sobs. "Yea, it's pretty chilly. We're gonna get sick if we sit out here for long." I held his cold hands, holding them together for warmth.

I watched his eyes flicker with several emotions, mostly happiness. I held his hands together for a few moments, trying to warm up his boney hands. I let go of his hands and stood up, brushing off my now dirty clothing. But, it doesn't matter if they're dirty, I saved someone. And that's all that matters.

"Can you stand?" I asked him, reaching out for him. He looks up at me, his eyes full of tears. "Yea, I can stand." He nodded, grabbing onto my hands. I let him use me as support, allowing him to shakily stand up. "You ok?" I asked him, still holding onto his hand. "Y-Yea ... I'm fine." He nodded, using his sleeve to wipe away his tears. "Well, let's get you somewhere warm." I smiled, brushing some dirt off of his cheek. "Y-Yea ... I'd like that." He nuzzled his face into my hand, his cheeks were warm with slight blush.

~~~At Izuku's House~~~

"Ok, we gotta be a lil quiet. My mother's still asleep." I whispered, warning him about my sleeping mother. "A-Alright." He nodded, pulling his jumper up a bit more. I pushed the door open, a small creak followed the soft swinging of the piece of wood in front of me. All the lights were off, signaling that mum's still asleep. I closed the door behind us, the small click of the door closing filled the room. I lead the stranger to my couch, letting him sit down. I put a blanket over him, smiling softly. I turned on the lamp next to us, illuminating the area around us.

"I'll be right back, ok? Just stay here, I'll be back." I smiled at him, standing up from my couch. He nodded softly, curling into a ball on my couch. I quietly walked into my room, my eyes now fixated on the piece of paper sitting on my desk. I can faintly see the words I've scribbled on it, my heart dropped with each word. I grabbed hold of the paper, crumbling it up into a tiny ball. I tossed it in the trash, never wanting to see it again.

I grabbed my phone and walked out, walking into the bathroom right after. I grabbed the med kit from under the sink, I could faintly see my scars, making my heart drop even more. 'I'll take care of you guys later.'  I told my scars, exiting the bathroom, the med kit in hand.

"Hey, I'm back." I smiled, entering my dimly lit living room. The stranger was still curled up on my couch, the blanket completely covering his lanky body. He looked up at me, his bi colored eyes dull, void of life. I sat down next to me, setting the med kit down beside me. "You alright? If it's cold, I can turn up the heat." I asked him, taking off my hoodie as I spoke. "I-It's fine. I-I'm just .... I ... I don't. I dunno." He started to tear up, his hands very shaky. "Hey, it's alright. It's ok, I'm here. Everything's ok." I whispered, wiping his tears away from my beautiful eyes. I pulled him close, hugging him tightly.