Chapter 9 | Heading Home

~~~Last Chapter~~~

"Thank you." I murmured, a cool breeze brushing past us. "Hmm?" All Might hummed, his head turned my way. "Thank you. For everything." I smiled softly, turning to face him. His glowing blue eyes are glossed over with tears, his mouth curled into a quivering smile. "Thank you, Young Shoto." All Might thanked me, tears flowing out of his eyes. He wiped the tears from his eyes, trying not to look weak. I smiled softly, looking down at Izuku. Every hero cries, even the strongest of them all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku's POV

My body feels light, as if it was floating mid air. I felt something on my arm and thigh, like someone's holding me. My body bounced up and down, as if they're moving. I let my shoulder's tense up, not knowing who's holding me. "His shoulder's tensed up ... is he having a nightmare? Is he cold?" Someone whispered, their voice familiar. I began to imagine who it was, a face starting to appear. My suspicion became more than that when they started to radiate heat, making me smile softly.

Shoto's holding me.

I let my body relax once the heat hit my body, my smile melted like chocolate in the sun. "I guess he was cold after all." Shoto mumbled, pulling me closer to his chest. I let myself slip back into my peaceful sleep, Shoto's soft breaths keeping me calm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You WHAT?!" All Might exclaimed, his hands on his head. "Hehehehe .... surprise?" I hesitantly chuckled, ready to get slapped. "Young Midoriya, what am I going to do with you?" All Might groaned, running his fingers through his hair. I watched him rub his boney face, verbally groaning as did do. I felt my shoulders tense up, afraid of what he'll do.

"Young Midoriya, does he know anything about me? About your quirk? Our relationship?" All Might asked me, his face in his hands. "No, he doesn't know anything." I shook my head, looking down at my bright red shoes. "Good." All Might sighed, relief rushing into his body. "I-I'm sorry ... I-I just, I couldn't leave him alone. He tried to do something really stupid a-and I had to save him a-and now that I've saved him I can't just leave him. Not after what he did." I stuttered, my hands playing with themselves as I explained myself to All Might.

"Wait, you saved him?" All Might's head perked up, a confused look on his face. I nodded silently, my palms sweaty as fuck. "How?" He grew closer to me, his hands on my shoulders. "I-I just .... H-He was falling a-and I ... I jumped off the bridge a-and grabbed him." I told him, my gaze glued on my shoes. I waited for All Might to do something, to yell, to hit me, to do anything. I mean, I don't have One for All yet. I, a quirkless boy, jumped off of a huge ass bridge to save a complete stranger. We both could've died, yet I did it anyway.

"My boy. I'm so proud of you." All Might beamed, pulling me in for a hug. I felt my heart leap a hundred hurdles, tears started to form. "W-Wha?" I barely managed to speak, my eyes wide. "I'm so proud of you. Even if your a quirkless boy, you jumped off a bridge and saved this ... this stranger from falling and most likely killing themselves. You put your life on the line to save him, even if he's a complete stranger. You haven't even scratched the surface of becoming a hero yet you've exhibited more qualities of being a hero than most pro hero's. And for that, I'm very proud of you." All Might spoke, his words made tears fall.

"A-All Might ... th-thank yo-ou." I cried, wrapping my arms around him. I felt his hands run through my hair, I can almost feel his smile. "We gotta do something about this crying Young Midoriya." All Might smiled, something wet hit my back. His tears. "A-Alright." I smiled, knowing that he's crying as well. Even the toughest hero's of them all have to cry sometimes.